inactive

Dan J Castro MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

February 22nd, 2016
Terrible doctor. Did unnecessary surgery on my sinuses and he didn't even do it right. Now I have to have another surgery to correct his errors and learned that they haven't even done the surgery he did on me for over 20 years. Do NOT let him operate on you.

January 25th, 2016
STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY!
This person (I refuse to call him a doctor), did unnecessary sinus surgery on me, while supposedly removing a growth on my vocal cord. I had no problems with my sinuses and yet he operated on them and added it to my hospital bill. I have problems now!! He also put doxens of poor young children through unnecessary tubes in their ears and allergy tests taken with needles. Many times he would put tubes in to take them out a few months later, to put them in again, causing damage to their hearing. All for the money! He should not even have a license....check with California and Oklahoma! I only gave him a star because it wouldn't except my review without one!

January 24th, 2016
Wish I would have known what an idiot he really was before I allowed him to remove my sons tonsils because it would not have happened. Then he wanted to scrape my sons sinuses because he has allergies! He's a Quack people take heed !!!

January 24th, 2016
Mother of his victim
My son is now deaf in his right ear thanks to this crazy dr. This dr thought that sinus surgery would cure his ear infections. I told him we would not be having sinus surgery and this dr got very upset and was adament that my son have this surgery. Check him out on odcr.com before letting him touch you or your child. Look at just how many people did file suits against him. I honestly cannot believe this man is still able to practice.

December 8th, 2015
RUN FROM THIS DOCTOR!
There are plenty of examples of the harm this man has caused so many in the other reviews. So I will leave out what damage he has caused me. I will say that I have, an will have, chronic sinus infections for the rest of my life. They have gotten so serious, caused so much damage to my body, that I have no doubt that this will be the reason for my death sooner than later. Just please, please don't let him touch you and for God's sake, don't let him touch your children. I was exposed to him in Durant, Ok. He left shortly after Sooner Care realized the extremely high percentage of children he did surgery on. I have heard so many sad sad stories about the damage he inflicted on so many of them. Please don't allow him to add you to his extremely long list of lives effected for life.

August 25th, 2014
I was his patient at UCLA. He diagnosed a life long problem and corrected it by enlarging my sinus openings. More invasive surgeries had previously been performed by other specialists in the field without success. I would like to return for a consultation if that is ever possible.

March 24th, 2014
Parotidectomy
I recently had a Parotidectomy performed by Dr. Castro and am very pleased with my experience. Dr. Castro was very informative in regards to my condition and extrememly patient with all of my questions and concerns .He was considerate of my feelings, and really took his time in helping me to feel comfortable. My inscision looks amazing and is healing very well. He has since followed up with me on several occasions. I would recommend Dr. Castro for this procedure to anyone. Wonderful doctor!

September 24th, 2012
Surgery has not been done yet but......
I have suffered from strep throat, ear infections and sinus infections since I was 4 years old. I am now 39 years old taking a flying leap off the building as Dr. Castro is the only one who is brave enough to tackle my golf ball sized tonsils. And a second surgery will correct the problem with my sinuses. But right now we are concentrating on the one that will most likely have me down for more than a couple weeks. Note to patients(if you do not trust your doctor, then why would you let them cut on you) I have faith that Dr. Castro will not only help my quality of life, but enhance it...Be back with another review after my surgery

March 30th, 2010
Rob B
Dr Castro specializes in Sinus surgery and thats what I had done. I had buddies that went to him for snoring and nose probs, and they said he was great. My kid had her sinus surgery 2 years ago and now she isnt sick all the time like the old days when we had to keep her out of school all the time for headaches and green snotty nose draining all the time,we recommend him all the time

February 1st, 2010
HE IS A BAD MAN STAY AWAY FROM HIM
tHIS IS SOMEONE U NEVER EVER WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH ITS ALL ABOUT HIM AND HIS BOTTOM LINE DOLLAR TO HIM. BEWARE AND STAY AWAY!

November 17th, 2009
wonderful doctor , very efficient and bright. Immediately recognized my problems and offered a treatment plan. Tired of other doctors giving me tons of pills to take without resolution of my problem. I loved his care

September 28th, 2009
Great Experience!!
Dr. Castro is a phenomenal doctor!! I had very bad allergies, and used to snore at night, so I went to see him. He explained to me that I have a "deviated septum" (among other issues) and took his time explaining exactly what we could do for treatment, and what my options were. With my chronic congestion due to allergies, and my trouble sleeping at night, I could barely get through my day. I now feel so much better after seeing Dr. Castro, sleep better, and I even have the energy to go jogging again!! Dr. Castro has given me my life back!!!