Dr. Dan Ioanitescu MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 29th, 2016
A very nice and caring person. Excellent Doctor.

May 14th, 2016
Excellent
He is very good And compassiinate Psychiatrist We are lucky that He is here from Temesvár / Timisoara Transylvania And from Brockton Harvard South shore residency program where He Was alsó öné Of The best

December 7th, 2015
Unorganized office, ridiculous wait time, priorities?
My experience is very mixed here. Dr. Dan seemed very distracted during our visit. He was interrupted by his phone no less than 4 times during my first and so far, only, session with him. He seemed very attentive and knowledgable otherwise. Then when finished he told scheduling that he wanted to see me in 2-3 wks and they gave me a card telling me to call back in a week and a half to schedule it! When I did, I wasn't able to get an appointment for 2 months!!! This doesn't work for me. The medication he prescribed didn't work and needs to be altered. I advised them of this and was told to do a walk in and given the day to do that. So I come in early before business hours to get my place in line and wait 2 and a half hours before a nurse comes to get me and tell me that walk ins are for crisis only and not meds! She gives me a number to call for meds and says she will take care of my meds issue and apologizes for my wait. 2 days later she contacts me that the script is ready. I am now in the waiting room awaiting a 1 o'clock appointment for a counselor and it is 2:07. To say that the Phoenix Center protocol is frustrating is beyond description. I hope Dr. Dan is worth it. Getting the initial appointment took a phone call, an appointment with a counselor, another appointment with a counselor with the same questions and staff that was less than friendly and appeared to hate their jobs. On top of this I find that I also need to see a nurse! The organization of this place is ridiculous. Be prepared!

October 26th, 2011
Compassionate
Was referred to this psychiatrist by a close friend shortly after the death of my 21-year-old daughter in a sudden, unexpected, and traumatic manner. Had seen several other psychicatrists before him, but they were all lacking in one area or another. I found "Dr. Dan" as he is lovingly referred to due to an inability for anyone to either spell or pronounce his last name. I have made it a point to do both, as he is quite worthy of such a level of respect. He has always made himself available to me, sought to meet each need within his realm of practice of psychiatry, authority, education, plain common sense, and his biggest asset of all, compassion. He takes the time to listen to me, draw more from what I have said by asking related questions, advising me to the best of his ability to do so, suggesting various paths to reach the goals I wish to obtain, but always with an unmistakable, genuine compassion for my past, present, and future circumstances. I do not believe I could have survived the years following my daughter's death without knowing that he was in charge of caring for me psychologically and that he actually CARED about the outcome. I have heard the same things regarding this area of compassion within him from first the woman whom initially referred me to him, but from other patients, as well. I have never heard of anyone who saw him professionally to have been disappointed with his services in any way. I can only give him the highest possible recommendation and commendation for his outstanding care of myself.