Family Physicians, Psychiatrist

550 Pinetown Rd
Ste 350
Fort Washington, PA 19034
215-643-0200
Locations and availability (2)

1.5

|  0 Stars  |  show details
Nov 25th, 2013

At Care Connections, in Philadelphia, PA, I dealt with Dr. Dan Jacobs for the first time due to my other doctor being on vacation until the 2nd of December. This is my second time going there within the week because my usual doctor did not sign a script for my regular medication, and instead signed the prescription for the new method of treatment that he wants to try with me. Obviously, my pharmacy could not take the unsigned prescription (the one I take daily), which I did not take notice to until this point. This was a mistake made by the institution, so I called Care Connections and was appointed to come in today to resolve the issue. I had to take off from work in order to go to have the script signed, but when I met with him, he refused, even though my original doctor wrote the prescription and was more than likely on my chart, if he had bothered to even look. I've been on this medication for the past five years and have never had issues, until this time. The way he treated me was very unprofessional -- interrupted me every chance he got, even when I was answering a question that he asked, made rude gestures when I spoke, rolled his eyes at me, and also raised his voice (resulting in the secretary to appear startled). I have never felt so helpless for I was not given a chance to explain breadth of the situation. Instead, I was judged and was refused treatment on the basis of this man's raw opinion. I really want to speak to someone, on a professional level, that would know how to handle such a situation, but at the moment, this is my method of informing the public. Multiple review sites (with low ratings, may I add), along with the voice of the other reviewer on this page, I'm wondering how this doctor is in practice. Also, when I was leaving, I saw him in the parking lot. Maybe he was just set on leaving to go home for the day? Maybe he should look at his 37 years of experience and laugh about the wasted time.

|  show details
Feb 1st, 2012

Dr Jacobs only gives you approx 3-5 minutes of his time. Only asks what pills you are on and do you need a new script. Does not ask what your feelings and thoughts are. DOES NOT DOCUMENT PROPERLY IF YOU NEED DOCUMENTATION FOR INSUTANCE COMPANY,ETC. He is good about giving out samples if you can not afford the medication.