Internists, Gastroenterologist (digestive)
2900 Whipple Ave
Ste 245
Redwood City, CA 94062
650-365-3700
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Very kind & competent  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2012

Have only seen him once, but it was a very positive experience. He did not force drugs, but chose to "wait & see". Seems a very competent & caring physician. I didn't give 4 stars based on only one visit. Time will tell, but looks like it's headed for 4.

|  Very genuine and caring  |  show details
Jan 7th, 2012

Had a colonoscopy with Dr. Rengstorff recently and the whole experience was seamless. From the scheduling staff to the nurses at the Endoscoy center. Everyone was professional and friendly and extremely competent. Dr. Rengstorff has a great bedside manner, is very knowledgeable, takes his time with you. He also follows-up, which is rare! I highly recommend Dr. Rengstorff to anyone.

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
Dec 9th, 2011

I was very surprised to read the reviews below about Dr. Rengstorff. My niece had a horrible GI issue that had not been diagnosed, nor fixed until she came to see Dr. Rengstorff. He was referred to us by a friend. We didn't have to wait long at all, maybe five minutes and he spent ample time with us to help figure out the issue. He never once tried to push any drugs on us. I have received samples from doctors before and from my experience, it's because they are trying to find a medication to help relieve your symptoms. Some medications will work for some while they don't work for others. I'm also pretty sure that they can not bill for things that aren't done and if you would rather a doctor refrain from doing something during your procedure to keep the cost down then it's your own life at stake!! I know, my father had colon cancer! I would highly recommend this physician and the whole practice. The staff was very friendly to us and we had an excellent experience.

|  Sub-par  |  show details
Jan 26th, 2010

This guy is a mouthpiece for the pharms - pushing samples and extolling the virtues of medicines taken off the market, e.g. Zelnorm.He proved most uninterested in actually helping me find real solutions. I got the distinct sense he's a doctor for the money and time off.

|  Puppet for the pharmaceuticals  |  show details
Jun 2nd, 2009

Not an inspired doctor. Did not listen all that closely. Talked about things as though he had memorized a script. Has a habit of preaching the joys of using prescription drugs, even when said drugs, like Zelnorm, were yanked off the market. Of course, he has no opinion on the side effect of these miracle drugs.Oh, he inserted a little scope in you-know-where for less than a minute and that showed up as a multi-hundred procedure charge to my insurance company - in addition to the doctor charge, naturally. Maybe primary care doctors should charge using a tongue depressor or stethoscope as a procedure, eh?I had the distinct impression that this doctor is in it for the money and the good life, not for the betterment of my health. He gave me some drug samples and that's about it.

|  show details
May 27th, 2009

Excellent doctor. Caring and knowledgeable.

|  Don't waste your time with Daniel Rengstorff  |  show details
Apr 1st, 2009

Disorganized, distracted, poor listener.No follow-up.Went to someone else and got the medical issue resolved quickly and inexpensively.