Dr. Dana Collins DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Asheboro, NC

March 18th, 2017
A Wonderful Doctor
I like everything about Dr. Collins! She spends a lot of time with you and you never feel rushed. Dr. Collins never makes you feel like there is ever a silly question and she always gives you an honest answer. I like her attitude towards medication as she always approaches the situation from a more healthful and holistic solution. However if she knows you need medication for a particular treatment she will give you a prescription, but she may have a more healthful solution first. I find her always understanding and helpful. I have been going to her for about 5 years and have never been disappointed. Easy to talk with and very respectful! As I was leaving recently from my check up I told her that she is a real sweetheart and her answer was: " Thank you very much and I like to treat my patients as I would treat my own family and that would include the best care and best advice." Got to love her...she is the greatest! I am in my late 60's and as long is she stays in Asheboro I trust her always with my health and well being.

March 18th, 2017
Wonderful caring Doctor!
Dr. Collins has been my doctor for about 5 years and I really like her. She spends time with you and listens very attentively. No question is silly to her and she makes you feel immediately comfortable. She does her research and any problem you bring to her there is always great advice and healthful tips. She doesn't believe in giving you a pill anytime you complain about something....unless of course she feels you really need it for treatment. She is always ready to suggest a more healthful solution and takes a more holistic approach to medicine. I told her recently after a check up what a sweetheart she is...and her answer was this: "I treat my patients as I would treat my own family, with respect and treat them with the better and safer approach to their health problem." Just love that about her! I am in my late 60's and I plan to have her as my doctor until the day I die...which I hope is not soon. LOL She has my support!

February 14th, 2017
Not a Medication Pusher!
Dr. Collins has only been professional, caring and gracious. She has also always spoken to me with respect, in language I can understand. I will see no other doctor in my area.

February 14th, 2017
Not a Medication Pusher!

July 31st, 2014
very upset
I have seen Dr. Collins on several occasions, but I have seen her for the last time. There is a tension you can feel when she is around the nurses, almost a spirit of intimidation. Without going into specifics in case of recognition, she has been verbally insulting to me, the patient, in front of nursing staff. According to a specialist I was sent to, she was hasty in a diagnosis that was not correct which had me very concerned for no reason. Dr. Collins said surgery would be needed which the specialist did not agree with. I have given her a more than fair chance to prove herself. I have been going to this practice for about 20 years but am looking for other care because of her behaviors.