A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Dana Andersen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Dana Andersen, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Liver Diseases
- Pancreatectomy (Pancreas Removal)
- Pancreatic Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Andersen graduated from Duke University , Durham. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Andersen has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- UMass Memorial Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Andersen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- AMERIGROUP - 1 plan
- Priority Partners - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- CareFirst - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 4 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan