A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Dana Leifer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Dana Leifer is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Dana Leifer, MD is board certified in Neurology and Vascular Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Basal Ganglia Cerebrovascular Disease
- Brain Ischemia
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- General Neurology; Vascular Neurology; Stroke; Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM); Carotid Artery Disease; Transcranial Doppler; Neurovascular Disease; Aneurysm; Carotid Ultrasound; Cerebral Aneurysm; Cerebral Vascular Disease; Doppler Ultrasound; Subarachnoid Hemorrhage; Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
Education & Awards
Dr. Leifer graduated from Harvard University , Boston.
Dr. Leifer has 14 hospital affiliations:
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Leifer accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 32 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Health Plus - 3 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
- Healthfirst - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 14 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Dana Leifer practice?
Dr. Dana Leifer practices Neurology and Vascular Neurology near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Manhasset, NY.
See New York Neurologists.