Dr. Dana Lovell MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

November 8th, 2013
pcos ttc
I started going to this Dr to get my hormones straight to get pregnant i have seen her one time the rest of the time i have to call her nurse to get any information witch takes about a week to get a hold of the only thing they have done is find out the i don't ovulate I could've told you that i have to do my one research on tell the what test i should do i am switching dr because i would hate to be there patient while pregnant if this is how you are treated.

May 25th, 2011
Dr. Lovell delivered all 3 of my sons. I had an induced delivery in 2004, natural delivery in 2008, and an emergency c-section in 2010. Yes her bedside manner could use a little help but goodness do you realize how many babies she delivers on a daily basis? She is extremely busy. Another rating on here bad mouthed her about leaving pitocin running after her c section and that is common practice. It is done to help your uterus contract down to its normal size again since you didnt go through a vaginal delivery for the strong end contractions. She was very compassionate and professional, and I would recommend her. Not only did she deliver my 3 but also multiple of my friends babies as well. All in all she is a great doctor!!!

April 20th, 2011
'What Should have been 1 of my greatest days ended in DISASTER!
I do not have enough characters in this box to express the disgust and hatred I feel for Dr Dana Lovell. The birth of my only daughter should have been one of the greatest days of my life and having to deal with this Dr ruined it all! WHAT DR MAKES YOU PUSH AT ONLY 7 CM DIALATED!? I have contacted several Doctors and asked them several questions about how this Dr handled things and ALL of them said they would NEVER ask someone to push at only 7cm dilated! Even after the nursing staff asked me SEVERAL times if I was pushing b/c I felt like I had to push or b/c they were telling me to. Definitely b/c I was being told to. THEN when there was NO progress after pushing for hours she yelled at me b/c I wasnt pushing the right way. She called me fat while pregnant. True I was overweight, but come on, have a little bed side manor please! She made me push at only 7cm dilated. I truly felt molested and violated by this doctor b/c while pushing she put her whole hand up in me! I even asked my husband if it just felt like that or if that is what she was really doing. And she was. Sticking her WHOLE hand past her knuckles in my vagina trying to reach for the baby who never even entered the birth canal. Really?! You are a doctor! You should know that you wont be able to pull her out of me! Cant reach into the stomach and pull her down! Then she LAUGHED AT ME when I told her that the epidural didnt work and that I could feel everything. Then I had to have a C section and she called me a baby for crying and told me to suck it up! She yelled at me and told me that I need to do better! Then she could tell that I was getting mad. She said Good, get mad! Maybe you will push better and get that baby out! Once in the operating room, thank God a nurse did some tests to see if I could feel it or not b/c I felt EVERYTHING. They had to put me to sleep b/c the epidural didnt work. Dear God, just imagine if the nurse didnt do that and laughing Dr Dana Lovell did the C section with me awake and feeling everything b/c she didnt believe me calling me names when I told her I could!!!! And again she was calling me a baby b/c I was still crying! I cry just thinking of the whole thing. THEN when the surgery was over and they woke me up I started crying again b/c I was still having contractions! I was yelling at them WHY AM I STILL HAVING CONTRACTIONS?! Dr Dana Lovell said you just had surgery; you are going to feel pain. I yelled and yelled at them that I was still having contractions!! Dr Dana Lovell didnt believe me! Come to find out, she had left the pitocin on which is the drug that causes you to have contractions. Its what they put in your IV when you are being induced for labor. LEFT IT ON!!! I would die of some sort of a disease before I would ever let this dr see, touch or even talk to me ever again. I am truly scarred for life over this experience and I believe that I need therapy for this.

March 28th, 2017