A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Dana Sands:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Dana Sands is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Dana Sands, MD is board certified in Colon & Rectal Surgery and Surgery.
- She has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Anal Cancer (Anus Neoplasms)
- Colonic Polyps
- Colorectal Cancer
- Crohn Disease
- Fecal Incontinence
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Sands graduated from Drexel University , Philadelphia. She has 6 awards.
Dr. Sands has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Cleveland Clinic Florida
- Cleveland Clinic Florida - Weston
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Sands accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- AvMed Health Plans - 11 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Dana R. Sands practice?
Dr. Dana Sands practices Colon & Rectal Surgery, Surgery, and Clinical Neurophysiology near Weston, FL.
Additional practice locations include: West Palm Beach, FL.