Dr. Dana Soucy Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Dana Soucy?

Dupuytren's Contracture

Dupuytren's Contracture

Have you seen Dr. Dana Soucy?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 7th, 2016

great

Very good doctor. Did a great job on my shoulder. Would highly recommend him.

October 15th, 2015

He is the most amazing doctor ever

January 9th, 2015

get a second opinion

Took my daughter to see Dr. Soucy for a ganglion cyst on her wrist. We elected to go with surgery. Well the wait time for appointments wasn't bad. Dr. Soucy however has awful bedside manners and spends no time with patience. It is not easy to talk to him or get any type of answers from him. After surgery I had to go back and insist on physical therapy for my daughter. He said he didn't feel the need, but let me tell you, 6 months later and we are still looking at more physical therapy and appointments with a hands special in Louisville with possibly another surgery to correct his mistakes. Please do not take your child to this office, honestly worst experience ever!!!

February 10th, 2014

Total idiot!

After being in an accident and limping around in pain for a few days, i went to the only orthopedics office we have in our small town. A co-worker had told me Soucy was a good Dr. I went into see him and waited for almost an hour in the waiting room then a good 20 minutes in a room to see the Dr. I only had x-ray but did provide those to him before going back to see him. When i told him what was going on with my knee he said he needed a MRI to get more information. He then told me go up front to schedule the MRI and a return visit. I think i was in there ten minutes. I had the MRI and returned to Dr. Soucy two weeks later. Again waited sometime to get back there to see him however did not wait in the room anytime for the Dr. to come in. He told me my meniscus was torn and possible the ACL. I was never shown the MRI by Soucy. i asked questions as to what that meant and in the course of talking to him he stated the ACL would heal but the meniscus was a simple surgery and he could fix that at any time i wanted. i asked about other options other than surgery and he then sent me to physical therapy for three weeks. I went to physical therapy and while talking to him he wanted to know if i had been doing any exercises’ because i told him i am fairly active. I said yes i am still doing my squats because Dr. Soucy told me it was ok as long as i didn't go all the way down. His exact words where “are you crazy?” You have a meniscus tear and squats will only tear it more not to mention the strain on the ACL. I then again told him Soucy told me it was ok and explained to him this was the first time I had ever been majorly injured. I then told him Soucy said the ACL tear would heal on its own. The therapist told me that an ACL never heals period! After that first physical therapy session, i went home and started researching both injuries. When i went back to Soucy, i told him I was not getting better but worse and asked him why he told me an ACL would heal. I had told him what the physical therapist said and what i found out on the internet that the ACL will not heal. He stated he did not say that but said the meniscus would heal on its own. I said then why do you want to do surgery on the meniscus and not the ACL? He stated it the meniscus tear was a simple surgery and he could fix that anytime however danced around doing surgery on my ACL. Stating the ACL surgery was up to me and since I didn’t play high level sports, the ACL would probably not cause me any problems unless my knee was unstable. After trying to ask him a list of questions, he was evasive, seemed irritated with my questions and still did not seem to want to do the surgery on the ACL even after I told him my knee felt like it would buckle at any time. I left the office feeling like he didn't have my best interest at heart and decided to have a second opinion with another doctor. After some research, i went to another doctor in Lexington that had several patient awards for several years running. I was looking for a caring doctor that would figure out what was going on and try to fix it. I went to the second opinion only to find out my ACL was the major problem. I told him I was concerned that my knee would just blow out on me and he said it already has. He told me if I let it go i would cause more damage to that knee setting myself up for a complete knee replacement years down the road if I made it that long. I decided to have surgery and found out after the surgery that the ACL had completely ripped in half time and the meniscus tear wasn't bad enough to even put a stitch into. Thank god I went for a second opinion! Ten weeks out of surgery and doing very well.

March 2nd, 2012

POOR

Spent over an hour waiting to see this doctor for my shoulder...then he spent maybe 5 minutes with me while he looked at his ipad the entire time. I have never seen a doctor like this in my life...it was so obvious he didn't care and didn't have the time to spend with me (even though there was no one in the waiting room?!).

April 26th, 2017