Dr. Dane Simons MD Patient Reviews

• General Practice Bay City, TX

August 15th, 2013
good attention to conditions and concerns, staff very friendly. His overall attention to needs and understanding of my goals for health care are right on.

November 20th, 2010
Staff answering phones needs to be terminated
I have been going to this doctor for at least 10 years. I needed an alternative antibiotic because the one he prescribed the day before made me sick to my stomach. That was not big deal or his fault. It took 4 phone calls to his office Friday afternoon to get through to his nurse. The first call, his office told me they were very, very busy & that they would try to get the message to someone. I called again a second time an hour later and I was put on hold for 15 minutes after I only got out my name. I called back a third time and they didn't even realize they left me on hold and didn't apologize for having me on hold. The fourth time I got to talk to his nurse. I told her my problem and she called me back after talking to the doctor. She asked me to call the pharmacy and have them call the doctor regarding obtaining a new prescription, which I thought was odd. Saturday morning at the pharmacy, I discovered he never returned any of the calls from the pharmacy Friday aft. The pharmacist called him on his personal cell phone & left messages again. After awhile, he called the pharmacy and gave me a new prescription. While we were waiting, my husband called his answering service to find out who was "on call" for the weekend to get an antibiotic from another doctor if necessary and discovered it was Dr. Simons who was on call for the weekend. I hope nothing life threatening happens to anyone this weekend with him "on call".....

September 6th, 2010
Best Family Doctor I have ever been to and at 75 I've been to alot.

January 4th, 2010
Careless and Ignorant.
This doctor is careless, I had colon cancer and had to go to another family practice doctor after he disregarded my complaints. He is ignorant and looks like you like he thinks he's better than you. Dr. Simons also had a DUI a month ago, that shows his carelessness. Please don't go to him, he's not the right choice for anyone.