Neurologist

3900 W Coast Hwy
Ste 330
Newport Beach, CA 92663
949-706-5580
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  show details
Jul 14th, 2014

If I could rate him below 0 I would, The whole experience was bad from start to finish. His front desk staff is rude and does not respond to test results. Says she never got them and will not follow up. I came to him with symptoms and he wanted me to do a ridiculous amount of tests. Thousand of dollars worth to see if he could tell me if I had Ms or not. Most of them were not necessary. He has played the media circuit well to appear like he is a great source for Ms patients. He is curt, short and acts like he is Gods gift. Not hardly, Since seeing him I have went to other doctors who were so much better. Stay away and find another MS doctor

|  Awesome!  |  show details
by David Santini on Oct 15th, 2013

I love this doctor and office! I can say, I have seen many doctors and offices. This place is by far the best! I, highly, recommend it to anyone who has the challenge of multiple sclerosis.

|  Family Member  |  show details
by DPD on Aug 27th, 2013

Dr. Banderi has been our MS Specialist for two years now and thank goodness for that. We met Dr. Banderi during a time of crisis and found him to be a man of decisive action. During this crisis Dr. Banderi guided us on what was happenning and put a plan of action together on what to do to get the crisis under some kind of control. We are still struggling from the efrects but feel at ease under Dr. Banderi's care. Ashley, his office assistant has been just a dream to have available in doing her best to accomodate all of our needs at the same time as supporting all of the needs of Dr. Banderi's other patients. Dr. Banderi and his staff have always conducted themselves very professionally and always with a caring attitude. We highly recommend them to anyone having a need for an MS specialist.

|  WAS a great doctor  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2013

Very disappointed because he was a great caring & compassionate doctor, but has some of the reviews suggest, he let his popularity get to his head. His ego is way too big. He is dismissive with his patients as well as patients’ doctors that call him to partner in your care. He will only address one issue during one appointment, i.e., evaluation; consultation and nerve block are three separate visits.

|  show details
May 7th, 2013

Please do yourself a favor and do not waste your time or money on this Doctor or his staff. He is always rushed, doesn't do thorough examinations, is annoyed when you ask questions and comes across as arrogant making you feel like another animal being herded in the OUT his office doors. Not once has he ever called me personally to discuss a lab result or radiology report or question regarding a new symptom. You have to make an appointment to find these out...even if they are normal and sometimes you have to wait a month! His staff is young and inexperienced. Ashley will turn on you so watch out for her! She doesn't communicate well and can get aggressive. Not a good personality when working the phones. She has a "privileged" attitude and will hang up on you if your questions are too complicated to answer. I have never experienced anything like it. If you want a neurologist who loses lab work, doesn't call you with the results and could care less about your MS...and cares more about his "fame" then he is the perfect dr for you!

|  Supportive and Encouraging through the MS Journey  |  show details
by Colleen M on Apr 13th, 2013

Dr. Bandari and his staff are incredible! Dr. Bandari always makes me feel that I am his only patient and he has all the time that I need to ask questions, get information, and offer me encouraging support. Ashley, his assistant, goes above and beyond to assist me in getting my prescriptions, work with the insurance company, and schedule appointments for all of my health needs, including tests and procedures outside of their office. My husband and I have the utmost confidence and respect for this professional and personal doctor.

|  not reliable doc, biggest ego  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2013

Socially pleasant if you came to shmooze and smile, not to ask any questions he will be watching the clock after 5 min.Seems to know MS but not board certified in neurology from Carribean med school. Not the doctor who will be bothered with your problems or side effects or new MS attacks - will refer you to ER. Will not do any paperwork you need. Nurses are very rude, trying not to be bothered by patients, do not follow up on tests or lab results. The main goal of the whole team seems to be not to help but to get patients out of the office asap. Best luck if you choose to stick with all that!

|  Good to bad  |  show details
by Max K. on Mar 3rd, 2013

He was a good doctor - caring, passionate, & overall, a good man. But after years of getting the accolades and spotlights, he has gone a bit hollywood on me. Now, he doesn't listen to me with care and dismisses my worries as if he wasn't interested hearing them. My biggest complaint is how difficult to actually see him. It takes a good 3~4 weeks to book an appointment - and when finally with him face to face, he tends to rush me out so that he can take more patients. Maybe he has gotten way too famous... or maybe he stopped caring for his patients. Whatever the case, I am very disappointed and will look elsewhere for help.

|  Dr. Bandari is truly wonderful  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2012

I just had to come here and write about what a wonderful, attentive and kind physician that Dr. Bandari is. I am a new patient to him and he spent over an hour and a half with me talking through my symtpoms and test results thus far. He made me feel at ease and comfortable and that I have an advocate by myself through this journey. Feeling blessed.

|  Efficient and professional, bEfficieut hardly compassionate  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2012

The "most compassionate doctor" category is highly overrated. He appears to know his subject and is fast and efficient. But he is not encouraging and does not give hope to patients, which is critical with a disease as hope destroying as MS.

|  Ego  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2012

Dr. Bandari comes across as very caring, but when you have questions about symptoms he is not to be bothered.Follow up was terrible. He is very knowledgeable in the MS field, and I trust him as he does know what he is doing. Office staff is rude!!

|  Not sure how he got high marks  |  show details
Nov 9th, 2011

Let me first say that I am not a patient of Bandari's, only a family member of a patient. Up until now my family's experience has been ok, not bad, but not great. That is until my family member had a stark increase in MS symptoms and when I required answers from his office I was unable to get a hold of anyone. After 3 weeks of back and forth my family member was instructed by bandari to goto the ER. When we got there we found that he had not made any admission orders. We had to get my family member's general practitioner to admit. Throughout the day Bandari could not be bothered to see my family member, even though his office is located within the same campus as the hospital. Also, when my family member got summoned for jury duty (something this individual is completely unable to do) it took 2-3 weeks to get him to sign the letter his office prepared. I have no clue how he got high marks, but my family's experience with this hack has been sub par, I only have to look at where he went to medical school to get a feel for his overall competence.

|  10 Stars if they were available!  |  show details
Oct 6th, 2011

Dr. Bandari is great. You can tell he genuinely cares about his patients and gives you his honest, best advice. Additionally, he is heavily involved in MS Research and is a great resource on new treatments, etc.I feel fortunate to have him as my doctor and I would highly recommend him.

|  Great choice!  |  show details
Dec 29th, 2010

I have only gone 2x to the new office, thats beautiful, but both times I was happy with the situation, okay maybe not my MS but the way I was personally treated!

|  Very Dissapointed  |  show details
by MS patient on Jun 30th, 2010

The office is very busy and Dr. Bandari have lots of patients. He might be good but it's very hard to get an appointment from him and when he says that he will follow up he does not. Up to this date I still can't get my test results. The people in his office is very rude. I do not recommend Dr. Bandari to anyone. I was very dissapointed with him and his staff. Also, the most expensive MS Doctor in town. I could not believe at the bill I got. Wow... waste of money and time.