Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  show details
Sep 20th, 2013

Dr B has been wonderful! I came to him sort of as a 2nd opinion & ended up switching to stay under his care. He has been able to suggest some other therapies (besides surgery) that were not offered to me before. He is very genuine, respectful, and kind. As a foot note, I agree with others who have reported his office staff (especially in Clemmons) as very rude. They take an unreasonable amount of time to check you in & out!

|  Not going back  |  show details
Aug 24th, 2013

I have 2 active daughters who have had broken 5 bones between them, so we have been to several different ortho doctors. This is the first time I have used Dr. Biggerstaff as our ortho doc and we were not impressed. The wait times were awful and once we finally got to see Dr. Biggerstaff he was in and out. He did not give me any time to ask questions and I had to find someone to ask him to come back to the room on several visits. Dr. Biggerstaff seems to only want to treat the ankle, not the whole child. I know this is not his first broken ankle but it was ours. There are many adjustments to one's life when you break an ankle and it would have been nice for him to spend some time explaining obstacles and issues that might occur. That is what the other ortho doctors did for us. He did not observe my daughter walking with her crutches or boot, I had to ask for a PE exemption and Handicap placard. You would think he would offer that! The Clemmons office is not very inviting at all, the wait times are 1 hour many times-I suggest going to the Winston office. The Clemmons office is also not very handicap accessible. The parking lot, the front door, and office window are very awkward to access. If I ever needed to call for medical advice it was very difficult to get an answer right away- this includes during office hours as well as after hours. There is some sort of inefficient chain of action when you call for advice. Sometimes I felt that if he had the foresight to explain some things with us at our office visit I would not have had to call back. So, to sum things up...we were not impressed and hopefully we will not need another ortho doctor but if we do we will not be spending our time with Dr. Biggerstaff.

|  4 star doctor 1 star staff  |  show details
by So not happy on Jun 27th, 2013

I like Dr. Biggerstaff, he's a pretty good doc, talks to you not over your head. Very caring, takes his time. What I don't like is his staff, in the Clemmonsville and WS office. Ive never seen ppl take 10 mins to chk you in each visit. I'm at ur desk with a broken foot and you're asking me has my ins changed from last week. Has my address changed from last week!! Can I see ur ins card?? Ive been coming to both offices for 8 months and each visit, they keep u standing at the counter just typing away!! Ugh, it shouldn't take more than 2 mins. I feel horrible watching all those older patients stand there for all that time. They seem very money hungry as well. Not really concerned about the patient. An older woman in billing treated me like I owed her money personally, when in fact they owed me a credit. I am just really unhappy with the staff.

|  show details
Sep 21st, 2012

Dr. Biggerstaff is a very caring doctor. He took the time after my surgery to talk to and explain the procedure and next steps to my husband, in words he understood. Dr. Biggerstaff was very honest and straight forward with me and answered all my questions.

|  Extremely Wonderful  |  show details
Apr 28th, 2012

Dr. Biggershaft was a lovely doctor during my appointment. He touched me with great ease and gave me a reason to want to come see him again. I would HIGHLY recommend him to any person with a foot problem. He's not too bad on the eyes aswell!