Dr. Daniel Birkbeck MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 8th, 2016
Great Hand Surgeon
Let me start by saying that Dr Birkbeck is one of the nicest people I have met since moving to the North Bay three years ago. Not only is he a very gi ...

February 10th, 2016
Rudest office staff ever.

June 29th, 2015
I don't know who those people saw???!!!
I had to wait a good deal of time to see Dr. Birkbeck, but I understood why once I got to see him. First I saw his PA, who was delightful, and took my history. Then Dr. Birkbeck came in the room after she updated him. He moved my hand around, asked pointed questions, looked at my x-rays and explained them to me and answered all of my questions - which were numerous. He has a lot of experience and it didn't take long before he gave me a diagnosis. He told me that I could have surgery but I might like to try an injection and some physical therapy for my problem first. So far, that's working for me. I found him congenial, knowledgeable, and I would and may return to see him.

October 6th, 2014
I Guess I am not alone.
I saw Dr. Birkbeck for a second time. I think he missed something especially since he did not even take the time to look at the ex-ray . Now I have to take the time to go to Santa Rosa to another Dr. I sure hope they have more time to examine my hand and look at the ex-ray. Don't waste your valuable time.

August 8th, 2014
Worst Doctor Ever
I have never been treated so badly in my life. I spent an hour waiting to see him for 5 minutes and all he had to say to me was too bad. After glancing at my hand for a second he decided to injected me with Cortizone which caused the skin to become discolored and weak. Now there is almost nothing left of my thumb muscle. I am in so much pain.

May 17th, 2013
I have been a patient of Dr. Birkbecks for a few years. He has been nothing but helpful, and knowledgable since my first visit. His office staff is fantastic. He has done my surgery, which went perfect. I am nothing but pleased with him and his entire office.

January 25th, 2013
Why would anyone go to him? Don't crack jokes, sir. I am a professional as well. Your manner disgusts me with your Medical Assistant. My second opinion prooved to be successful, yours would have been a grave error. Look at MRI films correctly. Take note, you were not well trained or have become lazy. How do they ...allow you to be at this respectable medical office? Staff could use sime front desk friendliness training as well. Leaving a wheelchair patient hanging is not my idea of a quality staff (I was not that patient but made mention of his needs). Shame on you.

November 29th, 2012
Only go if you have time to waste
Waiting time was over 2 hours to see Birkbeck. Staff could care less about you. Go somewhere else!

August 25th, 2011
See what happens
The experience that I had with Dr. Birkbeck, was that he didn't do a thorough diagnosis. He also just took an approach where let's just do the surgery and see what happens and see how you feel afterwards. My carpal tunnel symptoms did not go away and therefore I consider the doctor and the surgery up a failure. After the surgery, the only follow-up I got was to look for money. Nothing proactive to recommend the CHT is certified hand therapist or any phone calls to see what the problem is or to come up with a follow-up solution.

June 29th, 2017