Dr. Daniel Briceland MD Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

no change

Showing 1 - 1 review

September 20th, 2016
Regarding their billing policy. Was in for yearly exam, receptionist stated the amount that I would owe after the visit and did I want to pay it. (Assumed it was the amt after Medicare and Supplemental Ins.) Agreed to pay the amount. Rec'd my Ins. benefits stmt showing that I actually owed the 20% after the ins pmts. Apparently the Dr. office collected the amt after medicare w/o taking into consideration my supplemental ins. Called their billing dept and suggested that receptionist collect amt due after all ins. will have been applied. Billing said they ck the computers night before and it tells them how much to collect. She said I was in minority as I didn't have co pay etc. Told her that next time I'll just let office bill me and Billing said there would be a $15. chg for billing the $4.22. I couldn't believe it and said you would charge me $15. when you've had my $$ for the time being. Told her that I could find another dr. and she said "fine". Apparently the billing attitude may be the reason Briceland is advertising for new patients in the Sun City paper. Have never heard of such a scam in all of my 70+ years of going to doctors. The way I see it they owe me interest on my money that they have been using until the ins. pmts. arrived.