Pain Management Specialist, Anesthesiologist (pain control)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Underrated  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2014

Dr. Brietstein seems to be a polarizing individual, and there seems to be very little middle ground. You either like him or you don't. I have had 5 epidural injections in my life, and I came to him after dissatisfaction with the treatments I was getting elsewhere. If you are an informed patient, know about your condition, make yourself familiar with the accepted protocols, you can immediately have a very meaningful discussion with him. I found him to be very up front with his evaluations and intended course of action. I would consider him conservative, but very conscientious about performing procedures in the best possible manner. He explained everything in detail, and I feel very confident with his no B.S approach. Knowledge is empowerment. If you go into any doctor after having done some research on your condition, you are going to be treated differently than if you go in uninformed.

|  Rude for no Reason  |  show details
Apr 10th, 2014

See Dr. Breitstein first couple of visits and after that you only have appointments with the Nurse Practioner (who's afraid to make a decision). Dr. Breitstein went to unknown medical school.

|  Medical care, the worst ever  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2014

First the doctor kept me waiting for an hour in the exam room. Ok, that happens, but when he arrived I had less than 10 minutes before he ran out. No diagnosis, no plan of action, just...I will speak with your doctor and get back to you. I NEVER HEARD BACK!! I attempted to complain to ProHealth but was also ignored, promised a call back by the office manager that never came.. The worst medical experience of my life.

|  truly upset and disappointed  |  show details
Dec 4th, 2013

This doctor and his assistants were rude, dismissive, and didn't even spend 5 minutes with me, while I waited almost an hour for them.

|  BEDSIDE MANNER = ZERO  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2012

Saw Dr. Breitstein for a back injury I sustained at work. Every time I winced or made a noise during his examination of me (he was bending me at different angles, lifting my arms above my head, etc.) he made a comment like "I'm BARELY even touching you", "This shouldn't be hurting you" etc. I found him exrremely condescending and rude. He referred me to a Physical Therapist and told me to follow-up with him "if it doesnt work". Needless to say, I will NOT be following up with him no matter what the outcome is. I can definitely find someone better with more of a personality and proper conduct and attitude toward a person in pain than him !!

|  highly recommended  |  show details
Jun 8th, 2011

He has a conservative approach to caring for your pain which was what I was looking for. He was very thorough and I did not feel like I was being rushed out of his office at all. I've only.seen him ice but would definetly go back to him if needed.

|  8 years, 2 seperate issues, 1 qualified Dr.  |  show details
Sep 7th, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Brietstein on and off for 2 seperate issues during the last 8 years as a pain management specialist. My first experience was for neck problems. I have 3 disks in my neck with problems. C-5, C-6, C-7. Problems - Bulging Disc, Herniated Disc , Ruptured Disc. I feel the Dr. B has tried many different approaches to get me relief. He has refered me to neuralogical experts in house that are highly qualified. He has been reserved in his commitment to my neck prblems. He has started with anti-inflamatories while having me get MRI's and X-Rays. He worked in some relief with medicines while working through some procedures. He has always kept in mind my age and over all health while working on me and prescribing my meds and procedures. I have also had 12 knee operations and continue to have walking problems associated with my diseases. I have Bi-Lateral Osteo Chondritis Desicans. I have had both knees replaced then revised and then re-revised. There is not going to be any cure for my pain says my Orthopediac Surgeon. I have 100 per cent confidence in Dr. B's abilities and professionalism and his being fully capable to handle any problems that come through his doors. He has had me on oral meds for several years trying to gain me some relief in my daily activities. I am finaly going to follow his suggestions to have a pain pump installed in me as I only receive partial relief from my meds and try to to maintain some type of life. Overall I would give Dr. B a very high grade on his ability to keep to his path for the long run but being able to see any type of abnormalities and making prompt decisions on changing his directions pertaining to treatments and looking at the over all picture. A very qualified practice.

|  An expert in pain managment  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2010

I've been a ptient of Dr. Briestein for 4 years and he has helped me to maintain a relatively pain free life style even though I have severe lubar stenois and arthritis. The doctor is a true life saver.

|  none caring doctor  |  show details
Mar 11th, 2010

He is Nasty and none caring and dont know what he is doing