Pain Management Specialist, Anesthesiologist (pain control)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
The Most Humble and Caring Doctor show details The Most Humble and Caring Doctor
Jun 26th, 2015

This doctor simply cured my back pain with an epidural. Very professional and caring along with his PA. I would totally disagree with the negative comments/reviews left behind by some of the drug seeking individuals.

by Kathleen Murphy on Jun 19th, 2015

I like Dr Brietstein very much for many reasons. He is always upfront and tells it like it is, he always gives you options and discusses each one. It is a very relaxed environment went you meet with him, not standoffish or stiff at all. Encourages questions. I have had 4 sets of back injections and for each one he thoroughly explained everything he was going to do and then did. I felt nothing! After each set of injections my pain lessened and now it is rare. Dr Brietstein always encourages you to call if there is a problem, after the injections someone always calls to see how things are going. Before you leave his office or procedure area a follow up visit is always scheduled. He has a good sense of humor, professional and I would definately recommend him and i already have!

Bad experience show details Bad experience
Jan 14th, 2015

I saw this guy once on a referral from my PCP when I was having very bad pain from a strain or muscle tear. He came off very creepy and made a joke about me when he came into the examination room. I didn't know this guy and he was mocking me. He had nothing to offer in terms of pain management but insisted that from that moment on that I had to agree not to take any controlled medicines from anyone but him. OK but he wasn't offering any pain meds and I was in acute pain and he wanted me off the temporary meds I was on. I left his office and called my PCP and said I would never see this pompous jerk again. There was also something odd about him, he's short and extremely muscle bound. Everything about him, his looks, his personality, his medical treatment (or lack of treatment) made me want to get away from him as fast as possible.

by Worst doctor in the world on Jan 9th, 2015

I saw Dr. Britestein after suffering from severe back pain. My hopes were to see him for pain management in order to feel better and improve my quality of life which was miserable due to 2 herniated discs, which were completely compressed under a nerve. He told me I needed epidural shots and that I may need more than one in order to relieve my pain. I went in for the first shot and still suffered with horrible pain afterwards. He then scheduled me for the second shot which literally crippled me in pain. I was unable to walk, and could only crawl to get to a bathroom when needed, and was completely bedridden due to the horrific pain I suffered after the shots he administered to me. I thought this was the absolute worst experience and part of this until Dr. britestein would then no longer accept my phone calls, and basically just passed me off onto his staff. Never once having the decency to speak with me again, after my husband and myself calling numerous times to describe my crippling and worse pain from the shots he gave me. Do yourself a favor and RUN IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION FROM THIS DOCTOR!!! Doctors take oaths and should care about their patients, and this doctor could care less about his patients. From the get go his attitude is non professional, and arrogant, yet I made the mistake of believing he was a good doctor. Prohealth should find a much better pain management doctor than this guy. When I consulted with a top surgeon after seeing dr. Britestein the first thing he asked me was "did, dr. Britestein ever take the time to show you your MRI, and I said no he had not, and the surgeon told me if he took the time to show you the MRI he would have clearly seen that shots never could have helped you, surgery was the only thing that would have helped me, and the shots only caused more pain". This doctor should not be allowed to practice, and should be sued for malpractice. STEER CLEAR and find someone else who will care about you, because he truly does not care about his patients, all he cares about is billing your insurance, and his own arrogance.

Underrated show details Underrated
Apr 18th, 2014

Dr. Brietstein seems to be a polarizing individual, and there seems to be very little middle ground. You either like him or you don't. I have had 5 epidural injections in my life, and I came to him after dissatisfaction with the treatments I was getting elsewhere. If you are an informed patient, know about your condition, make yourself familiar with the accepted protocols, you can immediately have a very meaningful discussion with him. I found him to be very up front with his evaluations and intended course of action. I would consider him conservative, but very conscientious about performing procedures in the best possible manner. He explained everything in detail, and I feel very confident with his no B.S approach. Knowledge is empowerment. If you go into any doctor after having done some research on your condition, you are going to be treated differently than if you go in uninformed.

Rude for no Reason show details Rude for no Reason
Apr 10th, 2014

See Dr. Breitstein first couple of visits and after that you only have appointments with the Nurse Practioner (who's afraid to make a decision). Dr. Breitstein went to unknown medical school.

Medical care, the worst ever show details Medical care, the worst ever
Apr 5th, 2014

First the doctor kept me waiting for an hour in the exam room. Ok, that happens, but when he arrived I had less than 10 minutes before he ran out. No diagnosis, no plan of action, just...I will speak with your doctor and get back to you. I NEVER HEARD BACK!! I attempted to complain to ProHealth but was also ignored, promised a call back by the office manager that never came.. The worst medical experience of my life.

truly upset and disappointed show details truly upset and disappointed
Dec 4th, 2013

This doctor and his assistants were rude, dismissive, and didn't even spend 5 minutes with me, while I waited almost an hour for them.

BEDSIDE MANNER = ZERO show details BEDSIDE MANNER = ZERO
Mar 29th, 2012

Saw Dr. Breitstein for a back injury I sustained at work. Every time I winced or made a noise during his examination of me (he was bending me at different angles, lifting my arms above my head, etc.) he made a comment like "I'm BARELY even touching you", "This shouldn't be hurting you" etc. I found him exrremely condescending and rude. He referred me to a Physical Therapist and told me to follow-up with him "if it doesnt work". Needless to say, I will NOT be following up with him no matter what the outcome is. I can definitely find someone better with more of a personality and proper conduct and attitude toward a person in pain than him !!

highly recommended show details highly recommended
Jun 8th, 2011

He has a conservative approach to caring for your pain which was what I was looking for. He was very thorough and I did not feel like I was being rushed out of his office at all. I've only.seen him ice but would definetly go back to him if needed.

8 years, 2 seperate issues, 1 qualified Dr. show details 8 years, 2 seperate issues, 1 qualified Dr.
Sep 7th, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Brietstein on and off for 2 seperate issues during the last 8 years as a pain management specialist. My first experience was for neck problems. I have 3 disks in my neck with problems. C-5, C-6, C-7. Problems - Bulging Disc, Herniated Disc , Ruptured Disc. I feel the Dr. B has tried many different approaches to get me relief. He has refered me to neuralogical experts in house that are highly qualified. He has been reserved in his commitment to my neck prblems. He has started with anti-inflamatories while having me get MRI's and X-Rays. He worked in some relief with medicines while working through some procedures. He has always kept in mind my age and over all health while working on me and prescribing my meds and procedures. I have also had 12 knee operations and continue to have walking problems associated with my diseases. I have Bi-Lateral Osteo Chondritis Desicans. I have had both knees replaced then revised and then re-revised. There is not going to be any cure for my pain says my Orthopediac Surgeon. I have 100 per cent confidence in Dr. B's abilities and professionalism and his being fully capable to handle any problems that come through his doors. He has had me on oral meds for several years trying to gain me some relief in my daily activities. I am finaly going to follow his suggestions to have a pain pump installed in me as I only receive partial relief from my meds and try to to maintain some type of life. Overall I would give Dr. B a very high grade on his ability to keep to his path for the long run but being able to see any type of abnormalities and making prompt decisions on changing his directions pertaining to treatments and looking at the over all picture. A very qualified practice.

An expert in pain managment show details An expert in pain managment
Jun 29th, 2010

I've been a ptient of Dr. Briestein for 4 years and he has helped me to maintain a relatively pain free life style even though I have severe lubar stenois and arthritis. The doctor is a true life saver.

none caring doctor show details none caring doctor
Mar 11th, 2010

He is Nasty and none caring and dont know what he is doing