Dr. Daniel Brietstein MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 10th, 2017
Awful
I'm one who had an awful experience with this doctor. Treated my rudely like a bully and offered no treatment in my one visit. I just saw today a small notice in the newspaper that he died recently. No details but it appears he was working up to his death. RIP but he was just a terrible doctor and person. As a doctor it's especially unethical to be nasty and cruel to someone in a vulnerable position as one who is visiting a doctor's office. Just a bizarre, bizarre person.

September 23rd, 2016
He is a wonderful Dr. I have been seeing him on and off for 15 years and my father sees him also. He's caring and considerate. He has a good sense of humor and to me that's important cause he can make anxious situations more comfortable. I would recommend him highly

April 2nd, 2016
Sub teacher
Dr. B was courteous, patient and thorough with his explanation of my options. He was very calming to me during my procedure and I would recommend him to my family And friends!

February 3rd, 2016
We got there early, they had us fill out the standard paperwork and had us in before we finished the paperwork. At first felt like a factory. But realized it was an efficient and smooth running place. The Doc was awesome, doing a careful and thorough diagnosis before recommending a course of action. Staff was strong on coordinating follow up dates and setting up tests No rating on followup only because was just there for the first time this morning

October 21st, 2015
Pain relief
Dr. Brietstein has sucessfully treated my back problem and relieved my pain with injections. I admit I was skeptical at first but Dr. Brietstein explained the procedure to me beforehand and eased my mind. I trust him and refer him as much as possible to my family and friends. Thank you Dr. B

June 26th, 2015
The Most Humble and Caring Doctor
This doctor simply cured my back pain with an epidural. Very professional and caring along with his PA. I would totally disagree with the negative comments/reviews left behind by some of the drug seeking individuals.

June 19th, 2015
I like Dr Brietstein very much for many reasons. He is always upfront and tells it like it is, he always gives you options and discusses each one. It is a very relaxed environment went you meet with him, not standoffish or stiff at all. Encourages questions. I have had 4 sets of back injections and for each one he thoroughly explained everything he was going to do and then did. I felt nothing! After each set of injections my pain lessened and now it is rare. Dr Brietstein always encourages you to call if there is a problem, after the injections someone always calls to see how things are going. Before you leave his office or procedure area a follow up visit is always scheduled. He has a good sense of humor, professional and I would definately recommend him and i already have!

January 14th, 2015
Bad experience
I saw this guy once on a referral from my PCP when I was having very bad pain from a strain or muscle tear. He came off very creepy and made a joke about me when he came into the examination room. I didn't know this guy and he was mocking me. He had nothing to offer in terms of pain management but insisted that from that moment on that I had to agree not to take any controlled medicines from anyone but him. OK but he wasn't offering any pain meds and I was in acute pain and he wanted me off the temporary meds I was on. I left his office and called my PCP and said I would never see this pompous jerk again. There was also something odd about him, he's short and extremely muscle bound. Everything about him, his looks, his personality, his medical treatment (or lack of treatment) made me want to get away from him as fast as possible.

April 18th, 2014
Underrated
Dr. Brietstein seems to be a polarizing individual, and there seems to be very little middle ground. You either like him or you don't. I have had 5 epidural injections in my life, and I came to him after dissatisfaction with the treatments I was getting elsewhere. If you are an informed patient, know about your condition, make yourself familiar with the accepted protocols, you can immediately have a very meaningful discussion with him. I found him to be very up front with his evaluations and intended course of action. I would consider him conservative, but very conscientious about performing procedures in the best possible manner. He explained everything in detail, and I feel very confident with his no B.S approach. Knowledge is empowerment. If you go into any doctor after having done some research on your condition, you are going to be treated differently than if you go in uninformed.

April 10th, 2014
Rude for no Reason
See Dr. Breitstein first couple of visits and after that you only have appointments with the Nurse Practioner (who's afraid to make a decision). Dr. Breitstein went to unknown medical school.

April 5th, 2014
Medical care, the worst ever
First the doctor kept me waiting for an hour in the exam room. Ok, that happens, but when he arrived I had less than 10 minutes before he ran out. No diagnosis, no plan of action, just...I will speak with your doctor and get back to you. I NEVER HEARD BACK!! I attempted to complain to ProHealth but was also ignored, promised a call back by the office manager that never came.. The worst medical experience of my life.

December 5th, 2013
truly upset and disappointed
This doctor and his assistants were rude, dismissive, and didn't even spend 5 minutes with me, while I waited almost an hour for them.