Dr. Daniel Burrus MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Nashville, TN

3.3

April 13th, 2017
I didn't feel like he did anything to help me. He gave me a brace then had me come back in a month done an xray then sent me to another Dr for cortisone shots and said I didn't need to come see him anymore. U left still in pain with no idea what to do to get relief for my pain. I felt like he just didn't want to get to the root of the problem so he pushes me off on someone else.

March 20th, 2017
Totally dissatisfied
I agree w/other individuals who felt that the dr was not empathetic or able to diagnose correctly their condition. My second visit consisted of all of 2 minutes w/no feedback of any kind--rather I had to prompt the dr by asking if physical therapy/muscle relaxant could help me.

August 23rd, 2016
From the beginning Dr. Burrus was direct and honest. We like that he never gave us false hope. He was very through to be sure that surgery was warranted before he would commit to doing it. Most highly recommend Dr. Burrus and would definitely choose him again.

December 3rd, 2015
No social skills, communication skills or bedside manner. He should retire.
Dr. Burrus is actually worse than going to an emergency clinic. No eye contact, can't get far enough away from me in examining room. Left his office feeling worse than my physical situation. Had to ask to see my MRI.

March 8th, 2015
pain
I had got hurt at work and was sent to this awful man. He sent me for physical therapy . My therapist told me that something was wrong and I needed a MRI. He would not give me anything for pain. I had to have back surgery. The surgery didn't take. He said that I would have the pain for the rest of my life. I then later found out from workers comp that my neck was injured also and the doctor never told me . He try to say it was due to my age. My therapist said it was due to my injury. This doctor never touched me or anything. And when he was tired of seeing me he released me and send me finally to pain management. I went through back surgery for nothing. I lost my job and I have been trying to get disability. I have days where I cant even walk . And my neck hurts every day and now my fingers are always numb. I guess this wc doctors just care about the money. He sold his soul to the devil. He never cared about the patient. I could write all day about this man. He is the one that has to live with doing his patients wrong.

July 31st, 2014
A Ministry Restored
It had come to the point where I was going to have to give up my ministry because of my inability to stand up straight. At my age, I didn't expect there was much that could be done. Dr. Burrus, however, has changed my life and allowed me to return to my ministry to full effect. The surgery was exactly as he described, and the recovery was exactly as he described. Forever in his debt.

July 21st, 2014
Mr
I could not have asked for better treatment.

December 4th, 2012
This guy should be sued for malpractice
I bring in the MRI from my army hospital. I have the diagnosis and this guy makes me wait 45 mins. Does an X-ray to bill Tricare more and then tells me there's nothing he can see wrong with my neck. His staff member later tells me she couldn't open the disk or get it out of the computer which tells me he never even looked at it. You suck dr burrus because I not only have disk degeneration but also an osteophyte complex at the base of my spine neuroformanial narrowing and pressure on my spinal canal. I wish people would do thier job. Don't go to this guy if you want a proper diagnosis or treatment.

September 14th, 2012
Please Choose Another Doctor
After reading the other reviews and with my own personal experience, it seems that Dr. Burrus is somehow compensated by Worker's Comp to blow off most cases and try to push WC patients out the door. I incurred an injury at work and saw him for a number of months and he never once seemed to actually care about my health or well being. He kept questioning whether I was even in pain. He was not pleasant or friendly. Given another opportunity, I would not want to see him ever again. After several months of wasted time, I'm still in a lot of pain.

July 16th, 2012
WORST PHYSICIAN EVER!
HE ABSOLUTELY SUCKED!! He NEVER introduced himself, greeted me or even looked me in the eye. He didn't even document the diagnosis in my chart according to another physician attempting to retrieve my file from his office. Staff was helpful, especially the front desk personnel. I received more attention and answers from the non-nursing/medical staff than Burrus! FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR, TAHT REALLY CARES!

July 22nd, 2011
workmans comp
Dont ever have this worthless Dr if you are on workmans comp,my husband has permanent nerve damage due to his negligence!!! PLEASE rethink before going to see him if i could give you my name and number i would!!!

April 10th, 2011
Great Job Dr. Burrus
Thanks so much for all your help. My back is feeling much better thanks to you. Great nurse as well. I recommend you to anyone with back issues. Thanks again.