Dr. Daniel Buss MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 4th, 2016
over 65 and not treatable
Dr. Buss had helped me many times in the past and got me back to functioning in life again..I have lupus and have had many joint problems that need surgery..... However last year when i saw him because my elbow joint needed replacing and i had a shoulder issue, messages both suggestive and comment wise were made that i was not someone to be operated on again, either because of my age 69 or my health, lupus...i feel like neither have put me in the untreatable class, and i deserve don't need to be discriminated against for either of these reasons ...i have a life left yet and i could have many years to be mobile and not left in this pain or dysfunction... maybe there should be a disclaimer at his office that you cannot help people over 65..land they should just live with it!!!!

May 25th, 2016
Phenomenal orthopedic surgeon for rotator cuff surgery--he's the team shoulder & elbow surgeon for the Minnesota Twins! I've talked to others who had rotator cuff surgery; everyone who had Dr. Buss recovered successfully, but many treated by another surgeon had residual problems. He is a top surgeon that maintains a top staff of his own Physicians Assistant, Nurse Practitioners, and physical therapists to ensure that the whole process from examination to recovery is consistently successful. He is also highly regarded academic circles.

November 6th, 2015
Positive results.
I traveled half way across North America to have Dr Buss try to repair my shoulder. My first surgeon had failed terribly leaving me partially crippled. My long arm bicep tendon was torn loose. My first surgeon fail to repair it and made a bigger mess of the other two separated tendons. Dr Buss took me as a patient and repaired my bicep and shoulder tendons. I realize my shoulder damage could never be fully repaired. I believe Dr Buss did as well as I could hope for. My shoulder recovery has been better then I had hoped for. My other shoulder needs repair, again I will travel half way across North America to have this gifted surgeon repair my damage.d shoulder.

November 4th, 2015
I love Dr. Buss and have been his patient since he started practicing medicine. Excellent Dr. with a WONDERFUL beside manner.

September 20th, 2015
I had the misfortune of seeing this physician twice. Neither time was I treated as someone who had the intelligence to possibly understand his explanation of my problem. He misdiagnosed me both times, misread an MRI which I had to have my orthopedic surgeon read to get the correct information (which was also on the radiologists report), and claimed he would have to take drastic measures, i.e. extreme surgical procedures, to resolve my problem. Neither was the case. I cannot believe this man is practicing and have the utmost sympathy for those who feel this is a competent much less compassionate physician.

September 14th, 2015
I personally would not even consider another physician regarding any orthopedic evaluations and of surgeries!

December 18th, 2014
Huge Ego, rude and does not listen
Dr. Buss is so rude he would not listen to a word I had to say. If a Dr. does not care to listen to a word a patient has to say how can he possibly get the full story. He is rude and very full of himself. I would never go back to see him, a big waste of my time. It's so unfortunate a Dr. who is suppose to have a good ruputation is treating patients like that. I needed his help, not his ego.

March 11th, 2014
Another failed shoulder surgery
I also had surgery with Sports and orthopedics. After many months of physical therapy the doctor told me "it was nothing he did". I too have have a consolation out of the area to fix this clinic's mess. I would be happy if I had the shoulder pain I had before this surgery.

August 5th, 2013
Failed Shoulder Surgery
Very disappointing experience with a failed shoulder surgery with my 16 year old son. After going through months of PT, a shoulder surgery, and lengthy recovery, his condition is now as bad as it was when we first began with Dr. Buss. We are now getting his shoulder looked at by the experts at Mayo.

February 13th, 2013
Best Doctor
Really took an interest in me and the whole recovery process.

October 23rd, 2012
Reputation
I understand that he is a popular MD when it comes to ortho issues. I waited 2 hrs w my QRC. We were not told he was backed up. He wouldnt let me get a word in. He yelled at me and put other MDs down saying that they were wrong. He told me that if I go back to another orthopedic that I could never come back to him!He was rude and uncaring. I wanted to get this out their as I dont want people to have this happen to them. My QRC reported him to the ins. agency and I was ok'd to see another MD.

August 16th, 2012
Both shoulders
Dr. Buss came highly recommended by my family doctor, and I now understand why. My ligaments looked like "cotton candy" and I hadn't been able to throw a ball in ten years. He straightened out and reattached the ligaments in both shoulders. I am now pain free and have good movement in both arms. I believe he is the best of the best. Bedside manner, I wasn't looking for a new friend, just a great surgeon, although he is a very nice person who cares about his patients.