Dr. Daniel Byrns MD Patient Reviews

• Geriatric Medicine Whitestone, NY

February 24th, 2017
5+ year patient
As a long time patient of Dr.Byrns I have never been satisfied with my visits to his office. The appointment process is terrible. When calling there is no call waiting so you’re often greeted with a busy tone beeping in your ear. You’re left with no choice but to hang up and try again, again, and again, there is no voicemail or call forwarding system. Also, the office is only open on certain days of the week between a short period of time, so good luck with getting in touch with someone. Don’t expect to receive a date for anything soon if you do get in touch with someone. It can take at least a week to see him because of his short work hours. So if it’s important or you need a referral, again good luck. I’ve never been treated. I have come in for years with the same headaches, neck and back pain, and other concerns never to be treated. Often to be told to buy and take some herbal root that’s not bought, sold, or approved by the FDA to take. I don’t want some hippie dippy crap. I want to find the root of my pain and treat it so I don’t get that pain or problem with my body anymore. Humiliation! Doctor Byrns is a very nice doctor, however his professional role as a student aid blinds him from a proper doctor’s visit and diagnosis. His professional opinion is skewed and bias because he is too busy trying to prove an educational point to the student worker he brings into the room without your permission. Do you need to get something checked in a private area? You can count on some random kid (male or female) studying for his or her degree to be in the room with you as he looks, and also asks them to look, for reference and learning. This guy is just where he is because he sees nice elderly people, in a nice neighborhood, who give him too much credit, and let the crap slide, on the daily, for check-ups every 2weeks. Only for him to tell them you’re healthy come back in 2 weeks, or a month, for whatever reason. I can honestly say I have always dreaded making appointments, or seeing this doctors office. I’ve called and asked for my records to be send to me so I can transfer to a different doctors office, never to receive them. Maybe the one or two young blond girls he hires are busy for forgot. I’m not sure what happened, however I do know school can be a very stressful time in a young person’s life, and maybe I just came in during finales week, again I’m not sure what the excuse is for the run around is. If you have a medical issue you want to question, or have taken care of, DO NOT GO THIS OFFICE. If you just want a check-up and be told you’re calcium is low, but otherwise you’re healthy, this may be this office for you. Oh, and if you have any kind of piercings, or tattoos, be ready because you will have an aids test with your blood work, EVERY SINGLE TIME, as if you’re a piece of street trash who rolled in. He doesn’t ask permission for that either. Want to know your blood type, say because your potential life partners family asked you? He won’t tell you or find out for you “ it costs too much money”. So forget knowing if you two have the same blood type if something ever happened. This is a nice guy, but a joke of a serious doctor.

August 19th, 2016
Great experience
Dr. Byrnes and staff were amazing.

February 22nd, 2016
Soon to be new patient
I couldn't help my self but leave a quick review I just made my first appointment with Doctor Byrns getting an appointment was easy the girl I spoke to was very pleasant she helped me with my insurance questions and made sure to send me papers to fill out prior to my visit don't we all hate filling out papers on our first visit now we can do it at the convenience of our own home. Thank you staff ( don't recall the girls name) i look forward to meeting you all and Doctor Byrns I will be posting a second review after my visit.

February 21st, 2016
First time patient
This was the first time I went to D. Byrns. I wish I would have found him sooner. He cares about his patients. He listens to all of your problems. And is willing to him with problems that other doctors would put off.

February 16th, 2016
Dr. Byrns and his staff are extremely professional and courteous. Nurse Cynthia always makes me feel like family anytime I go in for a visit to the doctor. The rest of the staff is just as pleasant. Dr. Byrns is a no nonsense kind of doctor that gets it right every time!

February 12th, 2016
wonderful
I would give 5 stars however the wait time can some times be annoying, however Dr.Byrns bedside manner makes every minute of waiting worth it. The staff is always very pleasant

February 8th, 2016
One of the best doctors I've ever been to, my very first appointment was a breeze. Dr Byrns was very welcoming as was his wonderful staff. Thank you Doctor Byrns and staff.

January 20th, 2016
Patient closing in on 7 years
Thank god for the awesome staff because Dr Byrns is clueless....They work with you very well and are very easy to communicate with...You people have to understand that they put up with j*rkoffs like you guys commenting all day so its easy to understand why their patience is low...you guys that are commenting against them are a bunch of clowns you should go hire a therapist and cry to them instead of bashing the wonderful staff on the internet ya lames get a life...Dr Byrns points the finger at his staff because he would never put the blame on himself even if he was under oath in the court of law and thats a fact I've been going there for over 6 years now.. hes nice and kind yeah sure but if it wasn't for that core staff of girls behind the desk along with a recent girl who just left the office that drs office would be in deep s**t

January 17th, 2016
I am very shocked and sort of speechless to read some of these reviews, I have been a patient of Doctor Byrns for 10 years, I have not once had a bad experience with his staff. The staff is always pleasant and willing to accommodate everyone. They will answer all questions to the best of their ability. They are very intelligent women some actually being Nurses and some current students studying medicine. Dr.Byrns is an exceptional physician who genuinely cares about all his patients, as someone else pointed out he is a teacher for other medical students ,which in my opinion says something amazing about him. Rather than bashing him because of your "extra wait time" we should appreciate that In the near future there will be many amazing physicians like Daniel. There is a wait time just like at any other medical office, emergencies do happen and additional patients have to be fit into the schedule. when making your appointment keep in mind that he is a very intelligent Doctor and many other patients are also trying to get his help. Other wise thank you Dr Byrns and Staff for always making my visit a pleasant one.

July 18th, 2015
My Mom has been a patient of Dr. Byrns for many years. As many of the previous reviews indicated he is a caring physician and she likes him. His staff on the other hand is terrible. They are rude, uncaring and downright hateful. Get into another office if dealing with geriatric patients annoy you. His patients deserve better.

January 29th, 2015
Great doc
Love the doctor but the staff leaves a lot to be desired. Rude and inexperienced

August 29th, 2013
Whitestone's BEST Internist
I've been going to Dr.Byrns for years now, and it is safe to say I love him. There is always a wait unless you call before hand and ask how the day is running. The girls are always nice, I have never had a problem. Dr Byrns addresses your problem, and always gives you a realistic answer!