Dr. Daniel Lu MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

October 31st, 2016
Dr Lu and his staff were excellent. I have single lumbar fusion L4/5. All symptoms and problems related to my bulging disc prior to surgery were gone after surgery. No tingling, leg numbness or sciatica post surgery. He & his assistant Naomi we very easy to reach via email. I live in AZ so having my questions by email answered promptly was a huge relief for me.. I would recommend Dr Lu to anyone having spinal problems.

October 28th, 2016
Was referred to Dr Lu by a friend. She had a very good experience with him. I had two herniated disc. Wasn't able to walk. Did a minimum invasive one. I am blessed to meet him. He did a great job. Strongly suggest to consult with him.

September 28th, 2016
Knowledgeable and thoughtful
Spent the time necessary to address all of my issues.

September 3rd, 2016
New surgical patient
I have been to several Dr's this one spent time explaining in detail to me Dx and probable Px, and no concern about my HMO that is not paying him much I'm sure, I was in Medical field myself for 32 years so of course I think I know everything, worse patient , about to have Surgery and feel he is worth the 2 and a half hr drive, his staff has been very great also, and it's a holiday weekend , thanks everybody, I'm nervous but anxious not to becoming more paralysed

June 8th, 2016
I'm so thankful for Dr Lu's expertise in removing tumors. I was close to being paralyzed when my tumor was found. I was able to get in right away to have it removed and am recovering well. Thanks to Dr. Lu, I am still walking and improving every day.

August 9th, 2015
Go to someone else....
Told me after operating on me that the post op pain I am still experiencing 2 months later is from a psychological disorder. How insulting!

April 30th, 2015
Lied to Insurance Company and Caught
It's clear he makes decisions based in money and not in what is best for patients. I've never had a doctor experience that was so poor. Then, to see him lie and up code to the insurance company for my visit was upsetting enough that 8 had my insurance fight him.

March 14th, 2014
Back surgery consultation
Dr Daniel Lu is an arrogant Doctor. He doesn't spend time with the patient to answer their questions. He doesn't like the patient to ask too many questions. My dad was not ready for the spinal surgery so he had to cancel it five days prior. The office called us and rudely told us that we are messing up Dr's schedule and asked us if the Dr. Can clarify our questions on the phone so we can keep our surgery appointment. She hung up on me after I told her my dad is not ready mentally to go through the surgery.

January 25th, 2014
Stay Away
This doctor says he used less invasive surgery but he doesn't know how to take care of the problem. I am worse now than before he worked on me. He is arrogant and doesn't listen to you.

October 28th, 2010
Neurosurgeon - UCLA Orthopaedics in Santa Monica, CA
Dr Lu is a highly recommended doctor!You have given us every reason to feel confidence in your knowledge and skill as a surgeon. Thanks to your skills, we are confident that my dad's neck will heal quickly.