Dr. Daniel Snyder MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 25th, 2016
Dr Snyder
I had a total knee replacement with dr Snyder 6 years ago and I am very pleased with the whole procedure. Dr Snyder did a wonderful job for me and I feel he did everything he could possibly do for me. He was professional yet very friendly and treated me with respect. He explained everything to me so I was very comfortable. My knee is still do great. My husband had 1 total knee replacement and 2 total hip replacements by dr Snyder all after the age of 80. He was so pleased with dr Snyder and gave him a nickname of "God #2". He had a lot of trust and faith in Dr snyders ability. My husband had ever been in a hospital his entire life so he was a little Leary, but Dr Snyder was so good to him and my husband trusted him to do all 3 surgeries.

February 23rd, 2016
Dr Snyder messed up both my hips -- had to have both replaced again (not with him).

December 3rd, 2015
Disaster
Daniel Snyder destroyed my body. After one satisfactory replacement he turned into Mr.Hyde. Refusing to admit mistakes, never even saw me pre or post surgeryaccept in the ICU unconscious. Trouble listening before, disaster after surgury. After 6 months complaining of severe malfunction the moment I woke up he continued to ignore calls, passed me off to his PA. Then 'meditation' pt. I was to 'visualize the incorrect hip cup getting smaller? After dismissive unprofessional denial he suggested his colleague 'snip' my tendon so the leg could move.. After months of tests, 2nd, 3rd opinions,s, multiple complex procedural tests, they concur, Snyder chose to put in s cup much too big totally different than the one he did that WAS the successful type and size. He used me as a guinea pig for his new hip supplier without asking me! This totally different style, size and ignored all proof he screwed up. (As he did every time he was caught ignoring facts like insisting it was my 'back' pain and refusing to acknowledge I had a torn labrum in my leg before surgery). He refused follow up MRI's etc.. Can't trust the patient might know when something is wrong and goes to any length to try and cover up his mistakes. One year later I have only 1 position this stuffed in hip can move. Former athlete left otally asymmetrical and in chronic agony. Stay away! This Dr can't hear anything but his 'telling' you he did a perfect brilliant job.

August 4th, 2015
Excellent surgeon. Mini hip replacement procedure has fast recovery time, a small (3 inch) scar, and results in maximum physical activity.

July 17th, 2015
Not recommended

January 9th, 2015
Did not answer questions or assist in pain management

October 4th, 2013
Awesome experience
Having many prior surgeries with femur and hip issues as well as knee including knee replacement, I was referred to Dr. Snyder. When I met him I knew I was in the right hands. He took his time and explained the problem and what he anticipated needed to be done. It wasn't a simple hip replacement as he also had to deal with the femur issues. 5 months later I'm not 100% yet but feel better than I have in the last 5 years. I haven't been able to walk properly in many years but am on my way and without Dr. Snyders expertise I wouldn't be writing this review.

October 2nd, 2013
Dishonest
I did not like him being dishonest in his notes

May 17th, 2013
Avoid the partial knee!
When my R knee deteriorated, Dr Snyder recommended a partial knee replacement for the lateral compartment, saying that this would be much easier and less painful than a full knee replacement. Unfortunately, the recovery and rehab were NOT easier..... I had a really miserable time. Five years later, I had stiffness and pain in that knee, My doctor in Pittsburgh examined the knee, and found a knee joint full of blood. We drained the blood a couple of times (ouch!), but the joint would just refill. My doctor and I finally agreed on a revision of my partial knee replacement to a full knee replacement. The doctor noted that during the surgery, he found a knee in MUCH worse condition than he had expected - the knee was terribly off balance, there was bone loss, and I had a number of microfractures. Oh, and the partial knee prosthesis had failed -- after only five years! I was not unhappy with Dr Snyder as a surgeon, but I am so sorry that went along with his recommendation of a partial knee replacement. My second surgery (revision to a full knee) was much much easier than the first partial knee replacement five years ago. I had some ability to move my leg even on the day of surgery, and was able to lift my foot and walk easily with a walker one day after surgery. My PT exercises will still be painful, of course - but my surgery was five days ago, and I would say I am several weeks ahead of where I was five days after the partial knee replacement with Dr. Snyder.

July 8th, 2012
Total Hip Replacement excellence!
Dr. Snyder recently did a THR on my left hip (May 21). I have nothing but the highest regards for his skill, communication and professionalism. I was out of the hospital in three days walking with crutches for two weeks, then down to one crutch for one week and back to work with no crutches four weeks after my surgery. I am very happy with the surgery and can gratefully say that the last hip pain I had was the morning of the surgery when I climbed onto the hospital gurney. The post-op pain was nothing compared to the pain I experienced on a daily basis prior to surgery.

April 22nd, 2012
The best surgeon
I recently had my hip replaced by Dr Dan Snyder. I feel great. He is by far the best in Boston. He not only is a brilliant surgeon, he has a great bedside manner and is caring in the follow up.

March 30th, 2012
The first Doc in Massachusetts to do hip resurfacing
Dr Snyder is a very forward thinking Doc who was the first surgeon in Massachusetts to do hip resurfacing. I had been waiting for this procedure to be FDA approved for a couple of years while my hip pain got worse. In 2007, After the FDA approval, I had my hip resurfaced by Dr Snyder. Since then, my hip pain is gone and I am able to get on with my life with no restrictions. I would highly recommend Dr Snyder.