3.0

Dr. Cahoon is fine but staff should be fired! show details Dr. Cahoon is fine but staff should be fired!
Jan 31st, 2015

I originally saw this doctor for myself and although my experience was "fine" I did witness horrible customer service for another patient and his care giver while I was waiting. The staff just isn't fridndly and honestly can be sooo rude. A couple years later I found myself back at the office for one of my children. The appointment was scheduled by our family doctor. Long story short the reason my general doc scheduled the appointment with dr. Cahoon was because they were able to get my son scheduled within a few days and my doctor felt that my son's situation was somewhat urgent. When I showed up a few days later they had my appointment scheduled for a month later. It was understandable that a scheduling error on their side likely happened but the way I was treated by the office manager lady was aweful to say the least!!!!! She was above rude. So as I stood there frazzled from my treatment I tried to explain why I needed the appointment to be earlier. She then basically diagnosed my son's condition and told me that we (my doctor and I are being ridiculous). I left and seriously felt beat up. But...it gets worse...she called me later at my home to tell me that she spoke to dr. Cahoon and her diagnosis was correct...still up for a beating I guess i explained that regardless if she felt my appointment could wait a month after I spoke with my doctors nurse I was convinced that the scheduling error was indeed their mistake. Honestly, I was just wanting a simple I am sorry if that was the case...instead I got 30 minutes of her yelling at me...yes yelling...I finally said please cancel my appointment I am finding another doctor and hung up. She called back and told me how rude I had been to confront her with the appointment error which she still is insisting she didn't make and hanging up on her. So...although I think doctor Cahoon has it together I echo other reviews in that he needs to fire his staff. I would never ever recommend this office!

by Josh on Jan 30th, 2015

Dr Cahoon did my vasectomy. Setting up the apt was easy and convenient. The procedure was quick and relatively painless. My recovery was rapid with no complications. I highly recommend him

by M on Jan 10th, 2014

As for the Dr himself, I really liked him. He was polite and straight forward. I truly felt that he had my best interests in mind while discussing things and planning our course of action. When I arrived at the office, I waited under 10 minutes. His staff, on the other hand, leaves A LOT to be desired. If I could have left a negative rating number on the staff, I would have. His receptionist is rude, condescending and really has no business working with people. The nurse/person that took me to my room was just as bad. Not once did I receive a smile or anything that might be construed as politeness or friendliness from these two women. When I was finished and had to schedule another appointment, the receptionist made me wait 15 minutes even though I was there prior to anyone being on the incoming side of the desk. And sadly, she treated those people no better than she was treating me. Once my urgent course of action is taken care of, I will definitely be finding a different doctor. It is terribly sad that Dr. Cahoon allows these women he works with to drag his reputation down because they have no people skills. Sadly, I have to give him a low rating because you have to deal with the office in order to see him.

Sep 3rd, 2013

Dr. Cahoon was over an hour late for a 9:30 appointment without so much as an apology his staff was rude and didn't even acknowledge you until you stood there for ten minutes. He made you feel like you were a waste of his time.

Front Office Manager is Horrid and unprofessional. show details Front Office Manager is Horrid and unprofessional.
Jun 18th, 2013

As far as doctors go, Cahoon was very nice and knowledgeable. As far as office staff goes, his front office reception/manager needs to be fired. She is not only very rude and unprofessional; she lacks any sense of compassion and has zero customer service skills. Would not recommend or return do to her alone...sad a doctor would allow a staff member to damage is reputation to the extent of losing patients.

Why bother show details Why bother
by Anonymous on Apr 15th, 2013

I think this doctor stinks. Even if his patients pay as much as they can, his staff still sends them to collections, and too bad for you if you have a mild infection or cancer. If you are in the midst of treatment, you "better find another doctor" according to his receptionist.

Office staff lacks tact (not discreet about personal matters) and old lady is mean..really mean show details Office staff lacks tact (not discreet about personal matters) and old lady is mean..really mean
Nov 1st, 2011

Love the doctor, but all three occassions visiting the office I found the office staff abrasive and rude and lacks tact...especially the older lady who is the office manager..she is enough to make me never want to go back. She cannot find fault anything that she does even when it is clearly her clerical error. if you can stand to deal with lack of prfessionalism of the staff you will be fine, cause the doctor is great.