Dr. Daniel Carothers MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 21st, 2016
Patient
BEWARE of Dr. Carothers!!! After a 5 minute examination with promises of charging $350, I found out through my insurance provider that ENT Institute had ordered a toxicology screening, a "confirmation" and a genetics test.... all for some sinus pain. I called the billing department to find out what these charges were for and all they could tell me was to submit an authorization so that I could pay MORE to retrieve my medical documents (66 cents a page plus an admin fee of $25). I could not possibly pay for this, seeing how the charges for my 10 minute checkup are as follows: 1. Office Visit - $200 2. Sinus Scoping - $300 3. Toxicology? - $1,700 4. "Confirmation" - $5,600 5. Genetics Testing - $10,150 Grand Total for simple ENT Institute visit = $18,000 How can any ethical doctor (or human being) charge a sick person this much for a simple office visit? Please beware and do your research before selecting an ENT - I would not recommend to anyone, even my worst enemy. The worst part is that I have taken all prescribed medicine by Dr. Carothers and have yet to feel better. I have not even received any reports/screening/etc from a Lab with the results of the supposed services that were performed. Please, please, please STAY AWAY! Go the ER if you want to save $10,000. DM and I will provide screenshots of my bills. I have opened a claim with my insurance provider and will be contacting the fraudulent activity hotline and the BBB so that others will not have to experience what I am currently experiencing. I find solace in the fact that no one in my workplace, family and friends will absolutely not be going to the ENT Institute for medical services.

April 19th, 2016
Horrible
So far we have been charged over $18,000, yes that is correct, for a 15 minute office visit. Don't go here!!!!

May 12th, 2015
Does not explain surgical outcome. Unscrupulous billing practices. Very unconcerned physician and practice. Keep Away!

May 9th, 2015
I saw Dr. Carothers for chronic sinus problems and deviated septum. He examined me and discussed treatment options. We decided on a course of treatment. His insurance department verified my insurance would cover the procedure and treatment. I opted to use the ENT Institute surgical facilities rather than going to the hospital out patient facility, saving me money. He did a great job. My sinus migraines are gone. I would recommend Dr. Carothers and his staff. They were great! I had no problems scheduling an appointment and the wait time was less than 30 minutes. The staff was friendly and courteous

April 12th, 2015
Dr. Carothers was my ENT when he was in Chicago. He changed my life and helped make me healthier than I had been in years. Atlanta is lucky to have him. Though I like his partner in Chicago, he can never be replaced. My family and I are forever in his debt.

July 7th, 2014
Not Recommended

April 29th, 2014
BAD EXPERIENCE!!!
Please do not use the services of Dr Daniel G Carothers, MD. He will perform procedures that you do not need, he will not give you the results from that procedure and then they will charge a crazy amount! Please use a different doctor, so you do not have to experience what I am going through now...

June 5th, 2013
parent
My daughter dislikes doctors but she actually didnt mind for Dr Carothers to ccare for her. The staff is great and I would reccomend to anyone

February 18th, 2013
My original prescription was not completed properly and it took 4 phone calls to Dr. Carothers's office to finally get my prescription. They finally told me they were calling it in and when I went to the pharmacy the next day, they still had not done it. I had to wait over the weekend, contact them again, and then received it. I also ended up paying over $350 for my exam which was for minor ear pain. I was billed as having nasal/sinus surgery because they looked up my nose. I had no clue a 30 second test would cost me that much. Overall, I'll be going to another ENT from now on.

July 18th, 2012
Snoring no more
I can't believe I don't snore anymore! Dr Carothers isolated my problem and gave me treatment options. Snoring contributed to several medical conditions i was experiencing and resolving the snoring helped greatly.. Nice for my spouse also. No more embarrassing Nights vacationing with friends!

June 19th, 2011
Dr. Carothers is the BEST
Dr. Carothers is excellent. He found a real problem with my sinuses that other doctors had overlooked for years. He is calm, patient, and thinks deeply about each symptom. I highly recommend Dr. Carothers!

June 25th, 2010
I went into the office a few years ago, I was in terrible shape due to a pervious operation from another ENT. At the time, I thought that my life would always be miserable with chronic sinusitis. After the surgery I have never had a better nose in my life. Breathing is a pleasure. I have recommended NorthWestern Nasal + Sinus to others and they were as well very happy with the results.