Dr. Daniel Charous MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

February 26th, 2016
Not a doctor for pediatric patients
I would not recommend Dr . Charous for pediatric patients. Wait times are long, and when he finally sees you while your children are past the point of wanting to be at the doctor's office, he has absolutely no understanding that 2 year olds cannot just sit still and be happy in a doctor's office for 1+ hours. He was rude and had a careless attitude. Maybe he is better with adult patients, however, I would not recommend him to pediatric patients. The overall office experience was awful. Starting with the rude check in lady who will never smile and always gives you an attitude, and the overall visit, the staff was rude with the exception of the lady who performed the hearing test of 2 minutes. If you want to have a great experience for your children and see an ENT who sincerely cares , Dr. Charous will not be the one. Also, I was supposed to receive phone calls when blood work results were ready and never once received a phone call.

December 3rd, 2015
Thank you Dr. Charous and Rosa Osborn!
My sinus issues and allergies were such problems until I visited Dr. Charous and Rosa Osborn. After completing allergy testing and doing sublingual immunotherapy, and having a balloon Sinuplasty, I am a new person. No more coughing, fatigue, headaches, pressure, and congestion. Once again I am able to be outdoors and enjoy life. I cannot thank Dr. A. Chrostowski enough for referring me to Dr. Charous.

January 19th, 2015
NOT FOR KIDS (OR THOSE WHO VALUE THEIR TIME)
My 8 month old son has a lip tie. We were referred to this doctor to get it corrected. WHAT A JOKE. We waited an hour from the time we arrived and 45 minutes in the exam room alone. Fine, whatever, I get things happen and they can't always be perfectly on time. The doctor didn't even apologize or even seem to care for that matter. Then, after a 45 minute wait, he looked at my son for a total of, and I WISH I was exaggerating, 3 minutes! Then, he tells us he WON'T fix the problem and I should see a dentist instead (even though he freely admits a dentist won't see my son this young)! Then he says he will let our PCP know, and leaves the room, no time to ask questions, no further explanation, nothing. DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR if you have a time table for you day. Further, DO NOT BRING YOUR CHILDREN HERE. For a guy with two kids, he just doesn't get it. Horrible, horrible experience. His kind office staff is the ONLY thing keeping him afloat. HORRIBLE.

November 24th, 2014
Dr. Charous said that I had sinusitis and recommended. However, the CAT scan showed I had no sinus issues. Beware

May 19th, 2014
Received nothing from this visit.
The Dr. did not examine, discuss or diagnose my complaint. I received no recommendations, no pscrips, no referrals no followup apt.. All I received was unnecessary test and a demonstration of his sour disposition. He spent 15 minutes or less with me. For which he billed $1077.00.

April 4th, 2014
Poor bedside manner when working with children
I have no complaints with the nursing/reception staff, they are all great and friendly. My son's have been seeing this doctor for about three years. My older son has autism and going to any doctor is traumatic for him in general, but he never is so terrified as when we see this particular doctor. He just doesn't interact with my son, not a smile or "how are you" before he even examines him. If you work with children then you need to show some patiences. It surprises me since this doctor is a father! As a physician he does his job, but his personality stinks!

March 16th, 2013
If you prefer a doctor with a bedside manner, Dr Charous is not the guy for you. However, he is very good at explaining the problem, possible treatments, risks, etc. He seems to be a good surgeon, and fixed my problem without further issues. At post-op appts he is not interested in anything except getting out of the room. I had to stop him twice as he tried to bolt out the door at the first post-op appt. And the post-op appts included procedures that were outrageously expensive - I'm used to being seen for free after surgery. My brother, who is a surgeon, agreed that the post-op charges were over the top.

December 22nd, 2011
Good doc answered all my questions and made recomendations about my surgery that were well defined so I understood what was going on. Explained the risks of waitng longer (I am Diabetic)and all the surgical risks as far as possible complications afterwards. Had surgery for 2 different problems and I am extemely happy with results.

June 21st, 2011
Took care of my problem
My PCP referred me to Dr. Charous for chronic sinus infections. He was thorough with his examination. He really seemed to care about me and the problems I was facing. I would definitely recommend Dr. Charous to my family and friends.

June 1st, 2011
Biltmore ENT Review (Dr. Charous)
Asked to come in for my initial appt. at 1:30 for paperwork; actual appt. w/ Dr. @ 2pm. Showed up at 1:30 to have the doors locked and staff still at lunch. Doors opened at 1:40. I was seen by doctor at 2:15 for 5 minutes where he then ordered a hearing test. I was told it would only be a few minutes....I waited 55! At the half-hour mark I checked with the front office staff member to check on when I would go back for the hearing test...she then said I was next...to only wait another 25 minutes. My hearing test lasted 10 minutes. I then had to wait again for Dr. Charous to go over my hearing test. He didn't initially listen or seem to pay attention to the complaints, and the reason for my visit. Assumed I just suffered from hearing loss. When I tried to interject and say otherwise, he would cut me off. Unknown to him, I am a medical student and also married to a doctor. My husband, friends of ours who are also MDs who have been referring to Biltmore ENT, and myself, will never refer to them again!

May 6th, 2011
not happy with the surgery he performed. He made it worse and I had to go to another doc to have his work corrected.

February 22nd, 2010
Dr. Charous is obviously well-trained and confident in his abilities--which is a good thing: it inspires confidence in his patients as well. His diagnosis, surgical treatment and manner during my follow-up appointments, while not "touchy-feely" at all--if you need coddling, perhaps he's not the Dr. for you--, were professional, thorough, and excellent. I would highly recommend him (and have done so).