Dr. Daniel Chueh MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

October 28th, 2016
WORST Psychiatrist I have met in my over 10 years of Psychiatric treatment
When I finally met him after close to a 2 hour wait, he greeted me with the most arrogant and patronizing attitude. Not 5 minutes in the conversation he "informed" me that he was supposed to be seeing more complicated cases. I got up from the chair and left.

June 9th, 2016
Unprofessional
I arrived early for my appointment to fill out new patient paperwork. I was already apprehensive due to all the bad reviews I have read about him. My appointment time came and went... asked the receptionist if he was running behind, she said yes. I asked how far behind and she advised me there were 5 people ahead of me and most of them had been waiting over an hour. I walked out

November 23rd, 2015
Stay away!!! unproffessional
office staff are rude. I was on time for the appoinmt, first visit and they immediately said I was 15 minutes late but I was not late. Not friendly or welcoming. My daughter met with a physicians assistant and after only 12 minutes was done. WHAT!!!??? First appointment with an 18 year old and not enough time to determine her history, her needs and thorough consult. my daughter gave them back the written prescription and I asked for a refund of copay. they refused. Worst experience ever. and anytime you call you always get a voicemail. 2 ladies in the office and no one wants to answer the phone. I sure hope Dr. Chueh is better, but Narai Brown PA was unprofessional.

May 5th, 2014
This is the worst psychiatrist I have ever been to. I've seen Daniel Chueh, MD 4 times. Each appointment has been a horrible experience. First of all, you will never be seen at your designated appointment time. His staff openly admitted to the fact that he double, sometimes triple books appointments. You also aren't seen based on your appointment time. If I have an appointment at 1:00 and come in at 12:45, but another patient with an appointment time at 1:15 and comes in at 12:40, that patient will be seen first even though your appointment time was before the other patient's appointment since he sees patients on a first come first serve basis. Secondly, Dr. Chueh is just flat out rude. He'll ask you to tell him about yourself, but when you do he will rudely say that what you just said is irrelevant. He also made an in-house phone call to see if I qualified to participate in a medication study, and spoke negatively about my BMI thinking I didn't know what he was talking about. When I told him that I did his exact response was, "What? You know what that means??" and accused me of only knowing because I just looked it up on my phone, which I did not. How can you live in this day and age and not know what BMI stands for? Thirdly, his staff is extremely incompetent. The doctor needed to reschedule my appointment because the date he scheduled me he was going to be away. I told him that, that was fine, but that I would run out of my medication before the new date and I wanted to make sure that he would refill my prescription. She irritatingly asked, "What? 3 days makes the difference?" To which I replied, "Well yes. You scheduled me exactly a month after my last appointment. One day would make the difference." She left me on hold for ten minutes only to come back and say, "Just have your pharmacy fax a refill request a couple days before you run out." I said, "No, I don't want to wait until I'm almost out to find out that he won't refill my prescription. Can you please ask him now? Or if it's easier for you, you can call me back." I was left on hold for another long period of time for her to get back on the phone irritated and rescheduled my appointment before I would run out of the medication instead of asking the doctor. Lastly, they do not respond to anything in a timely manner. My pharmacy faxed over a prescription on Wednesday and they still hadn't heard anything back end of Friday. I left a message for the doctor or his staff to return my call on Monday. End of day Monday he hasn't responded to either the prescription request or my phone call. Do not go to this doctor. His office is horrible, and he's inconsiderate and rude. Go somewhere else where they actually care about their patients.

June 6th, 2013
i go to this doctor but i never really see the doctor. i always see the nurse and let me tell you. when i come for an appointment i come for help. but this nurse has too critizize the way i dress and ask me not to come back how i was dressed. all i can say is that they are very rude here and theres always a long wait. it would be a good idea to not make appointments on the time they dont have.

April 19th, 2013
patient
this man has done many good things for me and others that i know...yes, he is quick witted and can seem cold and not understanding, but thats because he sees people like you and me everyday....he knows the problem, and cuts thru the chase.....he gets to the bone when you want him to eat the meat first....he is way ahead of you and thats why you bad reviews are mad...he hit the nail on the head and you did not like it.....I dont like it either,,,,but if you want to grow, you need to handle constructive critisisem.....

December 4th, 2012
My sister has been a patient of Dr. Chueh since 1995. Dr. Chueh talks at fast pace while his mind works sharply at the same time. At first few visits, you may think he may omit something. In fact, for almost 20 years, I find out he remembers so many details about my sister.Dr. Chueh has many long-term patients so making new appointments or re-scheduling is not easy. However, he is quick & excellent in handling emergency sistuations.In addition to Dr. Chueh's scope of expertise, he cares about other medical details. Based upon a routine blood test, Dr. Chueh urged my sister to hospital for immediate & through exam. It turned out to be a stage III cancer! Thanks to Dr. Chueh, so we can arrange surgery & therapy for my sister.

December 8th, 2011
Dr. Chueh is very good at getting to the heart of the problem. He is very good and would not hesitate to send any of my family to him

February 18th, 2011
The DR. cares about my problems and me!I see lots of very disturbed people in his office. He takes care of them all, so at times there is a wait to see him...SO WHAT!The DR. is VERY smart and sometimes his mind and mouth move very fast, but he's usually right on the money. He's not rude at all; hes just fast with his thoughts.His mind is amazing, I cant believe how much he remembers considering I only see him once a month and during that month me must see hundreds of people!He likes to smile and laugh about things this is so people feel more at ease. Thats just his style and I like it. To bad if you dont get it, there are a lot of very serious shrinks out there, if thats what you need good luck, Ive been there.I have referred the DR to several people. All of them have had very good results.AND, the staff is wonderful! They are very nice and always try and accommodate my Schedule.Yes, there are always a lot of people in his office that's because he is very good!

May 26th, 2010
HORRIBELE!! CAN'T BELIEVE HE CALLS HIMSELF A DR
I took my 3 year old son to see Dr Chueh as a second opinion. He spent about 20-25 minutes with us. He hardly interacted with my son. I felt so intimidated by this man. He was very rude when I was trying to express my concerns. He laughed and was very rude. I felt extremely rushed. After 20 minutes he told me that we should rap the appoinment up. O and after about 3 minutes into the appointment his cel phone rang and he actually answered it.. I definitely will not be taking my son back there. How can a Dr give a diagnosis after 20 minutes is what I would like to know. O and about he office. It looked horrible. I felt like I was in a prison. walls were dirty. The carpet was filthy. It definitely did not give me that warm enviting feeling that i have experience elsewhere

March 27th, 2009
Likes and specializes in very difficult mental problems. His waiting room is like a zoo. What other psychiatrists have only read about in a book he has treated hundreds. Far better than 4 other psychiatrists my developmentally disabled son has seen for his psychosis, OCD, and extreme tic disorder problems. Also does research studiwes.

April 10th, 2017