inactive

Daniel M Dye MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Richland, WA

3.8

December 15th, 2015
wonderful dr. ONLY one who helped me. I was in very good hands

March 3rd, 2010
In my opinion, Dr.Dye is simply no longer upto the job of being an effective mental health professional. He , beyond a doubt, did the right thing by deciding to retire.During my recent visits with Dr.Dye, he seemed overworked, stressed, confrontational, and extremely thin-skinned. He seemed more interested in validating his pre-conceived hypotheses than in listening to me to gain a better understanding of my problem. He didn't want to refine his diagnoses or admit that he didn't have all the answers --- instead, he simply got flustered when I asked him probing questions. Quite frankly, I believe that HE may need as much psychiatric treatment as do any of his patients. His consultative manner seemed to suggest that he was somewhat awkward and stressed, and in many respects he lacked interpersonal skills. His sessions with me finished abruplty, and he would make some assertion and when I asked for clarification, he would say "we dont have time to go into this'"Although Dr.Dye is an intelligent person and was well-meaning, he was obviously no longer able to handle his job and needed to resign. I wish him well in his future endeavors --- I just hope that he remains out of the field of clinical psychiatry until he gets his own personal issues under control.