3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Feb 18th, 2015

Completely disatisfied with the doctor. Husband contracted a staph infection post surgery. His staff did nothing when he called in complaining of extreme pain and swelling. He finally was admitted into the hospital after going to ER. Would never recommend this doctor. I can only hope that he will not have any permanent reprocussions from the infection after only having out patient arthescopic surgery.

by Angie Reys on Apr 7th, 2014

Jan 16th, 2014

Absolute jerk. Has an attitude like his S#%t doesn't stick. I had a recent back injury that was a workers comp claim. This clown is a total company man and sided with the city I worked for instead of doing what was best for me, his patient. I was in pain and couldn't bend over to put my socks on and he put me on modified work duty. I explained this to him and he said, are you married? Have your wife put them on. That was beyond the point, no sympathy whatsoever. I had to beg him to put completely back off of work.

GET A 2ND OPINION-IT COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE show details GET A 2ND OPINION-IT COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE
by AGUISANDA on Sep 16th, 2013

My Mother had a knee replacement surgery and knew right away that there was something terribly wrong, she said her knee felt on fire, she went back a few times and Dr. Kaplan kept saying just wait everything LOOKS OK, a year almost to the date of this surgery my Mother was in so much pain that she finally got a second opinion, an the knee was aspirated and within a half hour was told the knee was infected, she then had surgery to remove the hardware in the knee and had to have I believe it was called a cement replacement with antibiotics to try and get rid of the infection she sat in a recliner with a brace on her knee for 12 weeks, because of this inadequate doctor, I believe now he knew all along and did not want to deal with it, and with this nightmare I truly feel that my Mom's entire body was infected by this knee and she has never been the same, Doctors are supposed to help??? rating of this doctor terrible

Sooo disappointed show details Sooo disappointed
Apr 15th, 2013

I saw Dr. Kaplan for two Carpal Tunnel surgerys and he was caring before the surgeries, after the surgies it seem as if he had not time for me on visits and discounted everything I said as if he could feel the pain for me. I had a second opinion done because I was still having to much pain and that doctor stated I need more treatment and PT and several other things. Dr kaplan was given a copy of the report and upon reading it complete stated that is State Board Qualified Orthosurgeon did not know what he was talking about, that the doctor probable did spend enough time with me. The doctor spend and hour and a half with me. Dr. Kaplan is all about the money, he like to do the big jobs and dont care for the follow ups. He is arrogant and impatient. I would not recommend him.

I Remember show details I Remember
by Patience on Apr 12th, 2013

He is cavalier, impatient, cold and rates 0% in people skills. He is Not a good physician. Makes gross mistakes in patient treatment. He "proudly" adorns the title of "I Do Not Care!"

Would Not recommend this doctor show details Would Not recommend this doctor
by Unhappy Patient on Apr 2nd, 2013

I had a total knee replacement performed by Dr. Kaplan in September 2010. On a follow-up visit 2 weeks later, I told him that he had put my leg on crooked. He replied there was only one way to put it on. That may be true....IF THE CUT IS MADE CORRECTLY! My leg was so out of line that it caused all kinds of pain in my hips, etc. After consulting with two other surgeons who agreed that it had been put on wrong, I had to have my knee redone. Even Dr. Kaplan agreed on a return visit a year later that the leg was more crooked and should be done over. Do not go to this Doctor!

Aug 18th, 2012

I waiting over a hour for a 5-10 minute meeting. I left the office with nothing. Nothing to help my pain and no answers. I wouldn't recommend this doctor.

This is a busy practice! show details This is a busy practice!
Jul 13th, 2011

This is a very busy practice and whenever dealing with injuries, pre and post-op patients, etc., it is going to be unpredictable so sometimes the wait is long, but I believe they all do their best to keep on schedule as much as humanly possible.

Apr 29th, 2011

Office hard to find, waited over an hour, didn't spend more than five minutes in session, wouldn't go again or recommend.