Dr. Daniel Levin MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Chicago, IL

• Good
  • Bad

July 17th, 2017
Go elsewhere! Don't Waste Your Time!
Don't waste your time!! Worst psychiatrist I've ever seen! Very unorganized, unprofessional, poor bedside manner. He doesn't take notes - is not organized - never prepared for sessions. I scheduled an appointment with him at 1:00pm one day - waited in the lobby for 20 minutes - he came out and looked at me dazed... he had written down the wrong time. Okay - it happens... I moved on. Just today - I come in for my 12:30pm appointment, I wait for him for 40 minutes - and he tells me that I am wrong and that he put me down for 1:15pm. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME!! Then me tells me that I've rescheduled my appointment several times - I really think he's got issues. He clearly doesn't remember me and doesn't value his patients. I highly suggest looking elsewhere - I never write reviews like this, but I really can't believe the way things have gone. I found him through ZocDoc - never again! I will always go through referrals going forward.

October 20th, 2016
Made me uncomfortable!
From the very first appointment (eval), he made me SO uncomfortable. He pushed and pushed for the littlest details, even if knowing those little details would NOT be important. In the middle, I almost got up and left (but didn't, but should have!). His 'digging' reminded me of a small child with the "why, why why?" questions. Several times, I had to tell him to move on because he was going way off on tangents with the questioning. It was beyond frustrating. I guess he's a nice enough guy, but I absolutely hated his style. I thought his medication recommendations were AWFUL. All of his prescriptions only made me worse. He pushed an amphetamine on me even though I have a severe anxiety disorder. Surprise, that backfired! Then he wanted me to go on an MAOI. What modern psychiatrist would still use those? I stuck around for a couple months and was much worse by the time I decided to find someone else. I was a wreck. Doing much better now under someone else's care!

November 7th, 2016