Internist, Gastroenterologist (digestive)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  No show doctor  |  show details
by Lillian G. on Jul 30th, 2013

Husband and I went to Winchester Hospital ER - husband having abdominal pain off/on for about two weeks. Spent 11 1/2 hours (that's NOT a typo !!) in the ER (way too long to be in any ER)....After abdominal x-rays, abdominal CAT scan recommended. We were told (correctly so) that this test would take about 3 hours (two drinks of barium given). CAT Scan revealed ischemic colitis (low blood flow to colon). The ER doctor specifically stated he would have a colonoscopy (to further define the dx) the next morning (which was incorrect information). So next day comes, I go to the hospital expecting the procedure was done or would be shortly when I stop at the nurses station to inquire. They had no such information (huh ???). This Daniel Friedlander was the on-call physicial for this group. He had been called, would be in to see my hubby, it may be late but he would be in to see him. Naturally a colonoscopy would not be done w/o a GI consult and then a bowel prep. (that all made sense)...We waited and waited and waited some more. ?? Perhaps the doctor had emergency surgery ??? We waited, etc etc. I left the hospital at 8 PM, nurses till hopeful doctor would show up. I called the nurses station at 11 PM (yep 11 PM) and still Dr. Friedlander had now shown his face. No call to say he wouldn't be able to make it, nothing !!! Even had he come in at say 8 PM - and ordered the prep then - who really wants to drink a gallon of that wonderful stuff and then be up all night doing a colon cleansing for a colonoscopy in the morning ??? To say we are disgusted is an understatement. Someone from GI Digestive Health (an associate) should have come in for the consult....So between the 11 1/2 hours in the ER, the false impression from the ER physician and the no-show GI consult, this will be our last trip to Winchester Hospital - wish it wasn't so - Winchester Hospital had a great reputation at one time.....I only gave one star for each category as this particular incident is not addressed but it well should be.

|  Dr. Daniel Friedlander  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jul 30th, 2005 on insiderpages.com

With recent health issue, I was refered to Dr. Friedlander and have been very pleased with my care. Although my first wait to see him was lo...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com