Dr. Daniel Smiley Is this you?

1.7

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Daniel Smiley?

Posted on May 3rd, 2016

Pulled my stent out months after the lithotripsy was a success and didn't inform me...found out the hard way about encrustations

Posted on July 27th, 2013

Waited 5 hours in pre-op and finally left without having surgery because Dr. Smilely never showed up.

Cavalier in the extreme.

Posted on August 24th, 2012

Poor or non-existent communication skills. He was annoyed that I actually wanted to ask him some questions about my upcoming surgery before I signed the informed consent. He had his PA do it, so when I asked to see and talk to Dr. Smiley himself he was very annoyed and would not actually tell me what he was going to do. As it turned out he placed a stent in my left ureter and perforated it resulting in total blockage creating back pressure to the kidney. Tremendous pain ensued but he was gone for 90days starting the day after my surgery. His office tried to help but his documentation of the surgery was so inadequate that they were unsure if I even had a stent, and I did not know either. Within a short period of time the kidney stopped functioning a condition called "hydronephrosis". A complaint and accusation has been filed with the state attorneys as consequence of removing the wrong kidney in another patient (not me) and leaving the diseased one. Go to California Medical Board to read it.

Posted on August 23rd, 2017