Family Practitioner
Video profile
Simi Doctors Medical Clinic Inc.
2840 E Los Angeles Ave
Simi Valley, CA 93065
805-526-8360
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by Kudzu. DrScore.
by Mark on Oct 23rd, 2013

Good doctor, however seems quick to prescribe. Medical billing needs to figure out what they're doing there.

|  D.I,  |  show details
by Jim B, on Sep 29th, 2013

I think in a past life Dr Ghiyam was a D.I. (us old farts know that is a drill instructor-those of us that are vets-the rest your vocabulary just increased) my meds have decreased by 50% in one year. My weight is stable He is the Best

|  Best Doctor  |  show details
by neda roshanian on Aug 30th, 2013

I found Dr. Ghiyam to be a highly proficient and talented doctor. Without fail, he has accurately diagnosed and effectively treated all my healthcare needs. He is a doctor that I can always count on and trust with not only my healthcare needs but also those of my children. These days, it is rare to find a doctor of this high of caliber!--capable, skilled and compassionate.

|  Looks better than picture  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2013

New to the area. Came in as a walk in and I was able to be squeezed in. While waiting in the waiting room noticed how happy most of the patients were and what a good friendly relationship they seem to have with the staff and spaecially the doctor. He told me that most patients were regular patients even though they have an urgent care sign. Very handsome and friendly in person. Glad I walked in

|  Always waiting  |  show details
May 30th, 2013

Always waiting to see the Doctor for more than an hour.

|  Very easy to talk to  |  show details
by Emily s on Apr 23rd, 2013

Very friendly front office. I liked how I was able to email my forms to him for my first visit and cut down on paper work at the office. Wait time was longer than stated time, but he took his time with me and went over my whole history and was very knowledgeable. I actually brought up some embarrassing issues on my first visit that I didn't feel comfortable with my previous doctor. Hope he's not too good to be true.

|  OFFICE ADM.  |  show details
by AGUTZ on Jan 30th, 2013

i WENT TO THIS DR BC HE WAS THE CLOSEST TO MY HOUSE, BOY WAS THAT STUPID OF ME. i HAVE PAIN IN DIFFERENT AREAS OF MY BODY AND HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. HE DIDN'T ASK ANYTHING ABOUT MY CALCIUM INTAKE CUZ I TOLD HIM THAT MY BONES HURT. hE DIDNT GIVE ME GOOD ADVICE AT ALL! MY WRIST HURT AND ALL HE SAID IS SWITCH UR DESK AROUND MIND U, I AM SMATER THAN THE AVERAGE BEAR AND SWITCHING MY DESK WAS ALREADY DONE BEFORE HE TOLD ME AND WHEN I SAID I ALREADY SWITCHED MY DESK AROUND HE JUST IGNORED ME. I WAITED FOR AT LEAST 15-20 MINS IN THE WAITING ROOM AND WHEN HE WALKED IN TO SEE ME, HE TOOK LESS THAN FIVE MINUTES AND THEN STARTED WALKING ME OUT TOWARDS THE FRONT, WHEN I REMINDED HIM ABOUT MY OTHER PROBS HE GAVE ME THIS LOOK AND WENT BACK TO THE ROOM AND STARTED TALKING AGAIN. POINT BEING HE DID NOTHING FOR ME AND I AM STILL IN PAIN, I CANNOT DO MY DAILY TASK WITHOUT HAVING PAIN AND SO NOW IM LOOKING FOR A NEW DR. I GUESS DRS JUDGE U BY THE WAY U DRESS BUT IT'S OK CUZ I KNOW A BETTER DR WILL HELP ME. i THOUGHT DR.S TAKE AN OATH TO HELP PEOPLE BUT I GUESS MOST DOCTORS ARE IN IT FOR THE MONEY NOW DAYS

|  mr.  |  show details
by colin m. on Jan 18th, 2013

didn't tell me my awful Aetna ins. didn't cover much of his procedure, got stuck paying huge bill.

|  Awesome doctor who really listens!  |  show details
May 9th, 2012

Dr G. has spent much time with me. When I first went to him, I had multiple issues that were ignored by other doctors. He is very impressive and has really helped me in every area of my life. He has made proper referrals and has gotten my health straightened around! He makes such logical suggestions and follows through on everything. I went to him one day; he made the referral; the next day I was taking tests and the next day I got the results. I am used to these things taking months and being ignored. One previous doctor told me she only had time for two questions. That was the limit. I am so not used to Dr. G's knowledge, ability to assess the situation and his take charge style to improve patient's health. His office staff pick up the phone and you get a live person every time! And, a same day appointment. How do they do it??? I don't know, but I am truly grateful!

|  worth the wait  |  show details
Mar 14th, 2012

I tried this doctor after reading about him online. I don't normally write reviews but thought I would do this for a fair review after seeing him. My wait time was a bit longer than stated here but after meeting with him, he addressed my issues and was very insightful. He did start by going over my past history including my last physical, pap and colonoscopy history. I noticed that another person commented on him asking about their pap smears, and I don't know why that was an issue for them, as I hadn't had one in years and he said that they have a female doctor that I could see if I'm more comfortable. After the ease that I was able to talk to him I will follow up with him and probably have my husband come see him, whom I think would enjoy his easy going and sense of humor.

|  Best DR ever!  |  show details
Nov 21st, 2011

The only one who has ever really helped out my family! We all love him and his office staff, especially Cindy always so calm, kind, and collected no matter how busy they get. I wouldn't know what to do without Dr Ghiyam! YOU ROCK DOC!

|  Let down...  |  show details
Aug 21st, 2011

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21333952This is reference on the medication.I have been seeing him for a few months. I have to say I'm not impressed,and especially after reading his reviews. I had a reaction to a medication and had tests done. For 2 weeks the results have been in his office.. No word. When I would call I was told "He hasnt looked and signed off on it yet". Seriously!! Also he does like to reference to the pap alot. Now I hate the fact I had one there. And like someone said earlier .. He doesnt like your opinion or ideas when it comes to YOUR health. Its his way or he gets an attitude.

Apr 1st, 2011

Dr. Ghiyam is a great doctor. He is very involved. I see him about 3 times a year. I was hospitalized last year for a mild stroke. He has great beside manners and was very attentive. I am appreciate of Dr.G

Feb 15th, 2011

Did not follow up on hospital visit, nor tests. Seems to think pills are the answer for everything. Prescribes doses and does not follow up on them. I am changing doctors after this.

Feb 10th, 2011

Highly reccomend Dr.Ghiyam. One of the few doctors that spends time with you and really cares.

Sep 16th, 2010

Dr Ghiyam is both professional and caring. His quick diagnosis not only saved me from a more intense surgery but a much quicker recovery. I am very grateful to him and highly recommend him.

Aug 14th, 2010

fantastic doctor. great bedside manner and humor. always prompt and courteous

May 28th, 2010

I gave this doctor a try after I read many great comments about him. I was a bit suprised by all the positive reviews, but all the comments were validated once I visited him. He is very easy to talk to and I can see why he has so many loyal patients.

|  Compassion  |  show details
by Joanne on May 21st, 2010

Dr.Ghiyam is the epitome of knowledge and compassion in a physician. He is board certified and very sharp. He sees me, my husband and 2 daughters. He is always very courteous and there to answer our questions.

|  Excellent  |  show details
by Candy Ray on Feb 16th, 2010

Dr. Ghiyam is one of the most honest, empathic, knowledgeable and caring doctors I have ever known. I recommend this doctor 110%.

|  Best Doctor in Simi Valley - Highly Recommend  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2010

Dr. Ghiyam's office is very professional and offers high quality care. He continuously checks upon his patients and is extremely supportive and knowledgeable. He is the best doctor in Simi Valley!

Sep 23rd, 2009

very easy going and helpful. My two younger kids loved him so much that they changed from their pediatrician and are now looking forward to seeing him for visits. He is great and very funny with them.

Apr 14th, 2009

excellent physician

|  Simi Valley MD - highly reccomend  |  show details
by jillrealestate on Apr 14th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Dr. G is knowledgable, courteous, prompt and most of all caring. He spends time with you to make sure you understand everything and genuinely cares about your health.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com