Dr. Daniel Downs MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 27th, 2017
Arrogant
This "Doctor" is extremely arrogant, doesn't listen and is only interested in listening to his own "knowledge". Wouldn't let me ask questions, and when I said, "could you please listen to me", he replied, "you need to listen to me"! I would never, ever recommend him to anyone. His bead side manner is absolutely horrible. If I could give him a negative star I would.

July 27th, 2015
see someone else if you are overweight!
He basically told me not to worry about my ears nose and throat issues. Seems like he might not like Fat people. that the small lump on my thyroid was not an issue as it would not show with my thick fat neck! It seems one should not worry about that because according to him if I did not continue to loose weight I would not live past 75. He knew that I have had Gastric bypass and already lost 112lb. I would not suggest anyone with a bmi more tha 2 see this doctor.

May 21st, 2014
LIFESAVER
I cannot recommend this doctor enough! Two doctors including THE MAYO CLINIC missed a mass in my neck. Everyone thought I was crazy or a hypochondriac. Dr. Downs not only found it, but gave me the BEST care ever. He removed two of my children's tonsils and adnoids. They loved him. He is PHENOMENAL with kids. He did my then husband's septoplasty and then my sons' as well. His humor is dry but I found it to be comforting. He sensed my nervousness and even called my home multiple times to reassure me. This is the only surgeon I have ever met who will not waste your time and sugar coat things. A+

October 5th, 2012
My two visits with Dr. Downs were a nightmare! He is completely rude, doesn't listen, puts you down, ridicules what you are saying or have done, and is down right mean! I wouldn't recommend this man for my worst enemy!Go to other ENTs in Flagstaff. This man is a psychopath immitating a doctor!

October 1st, 2012
One of the best!
He is a wonderful, caring physician. He has treated me, my children and my grandchildren the with utmost care and respect. He is willing to go above and beyond in our healthcare. My friends see him and they all feel the same. Thank you Dr Downs for all you do.

September 20th, 2012
I wouldnt send anyone to see Dr. Downs
He is very arrogant. He would not let me speak, ask questions or otherwise be involved in my own visit. He was very condescending and actually said "so what" when speaking of my health issues. I left depressed and angry that I wasted my time and the very little energy I had to make the appointment. He should have taken the time to discuss the reasons I was there to see him, not discuss things He had no expertise in and were not on the forms I had initially filled out.

February 22nd, 2012
he is an awecome doctor

August 25th, 2011
Dr. Downs and his staff are the best!

June 12th, 2011
I highly recommend this doctor!
Have been going to Dr. Downs for seven years. he is consistently a very throrough, dedicated doctor who takes the time to explain your condition with suggestions for the best, recommended actions to be taken. He is not eager to perform surgeries, unless they are REALLY necessary. Wish all of my other doctors were like him!

March 9th, 2010
Best of the best!!!
Dr. Downs is very professional and caring. He treated me with tonsilectomy . Everything was great from the first visit . I woul'd like to thank you again for your help.

December 27th, 2008
Excellent doctor

October 16th, 2008
Great doctor!
Explained my condition and all treatment plans at length. Excellent bedside manner.