Dr. Daniel Halpert DO Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Culpeper, VA

3.6

June 9th, 2016
Dr. Halpert seems to want to help. He takes his time with you and answers all questions. His staff is not very friendly & the receptionist is down right rude! Recommend another office if you can find one!! Good Luck

May 7th, 2016
This doctor is excellent. The bad reviews are obviously coming from people who are drug seekers. If you are one, do not see this doctor, he is not for you. Stop seeking drugs, you are making it very difficult for people who are really in pain like me, who suffers from chronic pain after my leg was amputated.

April 21st, 2015
Awesome Doc!

February 2nd, 2015
Keeping what's important in mind THE PATIENT
Dr. Halpert, has NOT lost his passion for pain medicine.He just keeps moving forward you can trust that you are receiving the best in pain management and rehabilitating.

April 14th, 2014
Wonderful, pleasant doctor, only one to help me
This doctor is the first doctor to help me and I've been suffering from pain for many years following a terrible car accident. I was on high dose pain medication and he helped bring this down while controlling my pain. I'm so glad he helped get me off.

January 27th, 2014
Poor bedside manner
I have been seeing Dr. Halpert for about 5 months now. I have been in chronic pain for over 10 years . My family Dr. has refused to help me anymore since my pain hasn't gotten any better, so he referred me to Dr. Halpert. I don't recommend anyone in chronic pain to see this man. He doesn't even examine you. He spends a total of about 8 minutes in the room with you assures you he can rid you of pain and is gone in a flash. To the reviewer who said anyone that writes a bad review must not really be in pain. You should never judge anyone unless you have carried their pain and walked in their shoes through their daily life. Everyone that needs pain meds are NOT people just addicted to them. I was on pain meds for 9 years and never was I addicted, there were times I couldn't afford them and went without them with NO drawbacks. So don't say people must be addicted unless you actually know what you are talking about.. Dr. Halpert has tried 4 different meds, they only make me feel sick, crazy, loopy, shakie, foggy, nausause, in plain words they just do not work but all he does is up the dosage. I am in the process of finding both a new Family Physician and a New Pain Doctor. I don't care if I have to go to another planet there has got to be someone who is willing to treat my pain without being so disrespectful and act like he's doing me a favor by being there.. Dr. Halpert doesn't even take the time to talk to me. All he says is it'll get better it's just got to work it's self out. Work it's self out? How does chronic pain just go away? It doesn't. I've also tried physical therapy, heat therapy, tens therapy, any type of thing that has been recommended but nothing works and neither does Dr. Halpert, he is just after his money he doesn't care about his patients. Some of his patients must have a lot better insurance than myself . I have seen him take his time and be really nice to some people but to most of us he is really rude and doesn't even pretend to care. Please if you are thinking about going to this Dr. please think twice before you do. I honestly don't want to check any stars on the accurate diagnosis, bedside manner, spends time with me, and follows up after visit but it won't let you submit your review unless you at least check one star. He doesn't deserve any.

October 12th, 2013
Dr. Halpert is professional and courteous. He is a breath of fresh air, as he listens and is concerned. It is clear by speaking with him that he is well-informed and knowledgeable. I've had two procedures so far and he is precise and detailed, which instills my confidence in him.

September 7th, 2013
I think this doctor is wonderful. He really helped me get my life back. Before I began seeing him, pain was taking over my life. Now, I'm back to work and enjoying my life with my family. Thank you Doctor!!!!!! I would give 10 stars if I could.

August 30th, 2013
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Halpert. It's true that he is not a big believer in opioid pain medication. However, there are many good reasons for this that anyone with a bit of intelligence can attest to. It seems that most of the negative reviews on here are from people who are seeking pain medication. What a surprise. I find him to be compassionate, empathetic, warm, and caring physician. He is very knowledgeable and provided both me and my mother with tremendous pain relief. I highly recommend him to others.

August 29th, 2013
Pain Management? No.
If your pain management programme includes drug therapy, don't bother seeing Halpert. On my first and only visit, he stated to me that he does not believe in prescribing opiates, even for cancer patients! Nor does he seem to believe in any other forms of drug therapy, except for Motrin. It was clear that he had not read my file, nor had he looked at my MRIs & X-Rays. He performed NO physical examination, except to see if I had missing teeth! I have no idea what that was all about--was he looking for plaque? I am in severe chronic pain due to a car accident 8 yrs ago, & have been on opiates since. I have never abused my medication, nor given my doctors any trouble. Halpert treated me rudely, gave a speech about the evils of opiates that came straight out of "Reefer Madness," & implied that anyone on painkillers must be an addict. After 10 minutes he handed me a "detox" plan. I just nodded politely & left. I have a female coworker with a severe spinal injury who was also referred to Halpert last fall-she rec'd the same "detox" plan and a series of worthless trigger point injections that did more harm than good. I now have to drive an hour every month to my new doctor-but it's worth it! Without opiates I would be disabled--medication allows me to work, be "there" for my family, & enjoy life. I have no idea as to why this doctor chose the field of "pain management." I do know that calling his practice that is deceptive.

August 8th, 2013
A very no nosense doctor
Dr Halpert is not for you if you want him to tell you what you want to hear and this is a fact of life. He helped me out in ensuring that I would get the support I needed to get off the opiates and find a new way to treat my condition. Is it perfect no, however, who said medicine is a perfect science. The only issue with his office are the nurses who only go by the book and look at you as if you coming from Mars when you tell them you do not wish a specific step of their routine. While there are ways to improve this office, I am grateful we have him in our community

July 2nd, 2013
felt interrogated because i was young and had not been back to see him for 7mths instead followed up with family physician
I went to see Mr. Halpert about 7mths ago and was diagnosed, well upon me not returning to his office until today 7mths later he was very negative. I couldn't follow up with him due to transportation problems and could only get to my family physician. Well my family physician could not do anything else for my pain and insisted I return to Dr. Halpert so I did. I let him know why I hadn't been back to see him and instead had been seeing my family physician, well upon him doing his very short and not very polite check of my back, he told me my options were either a shot they give you in the back to relieve the pain or physical therapy. Well I don't want a shot in the back so I said I would do the physical therapy, but asked him what to do about the pain in the meantime. he looks at me and says deal with it, your gonna have chronic pain the rest of your life and you have waited this long so just deal with it. Now I am not mad about him not being able to provide me with additional help for the pain when at home. I am mad that he told me to deal with it. I really think it was unprofessional and rude. If he knows I'm going to be in pain the rest of my life why would he tell me to deal with it?????? The rudeness of this comment is way out of context and I did not appreciate this at all. If I could have gotten back to him 7mths ago I would have but the pain is finally so bad that I had no choice but to go back to him and this is the kind of treatment I got. I did not deserve the rudeness. I even had to pay the $50 charge because I missed 3appts which I understood. I don't deserve no one especially a so called trained professional to speak to me as if I have done something wrong. I would not recommend him to my dog. All because of the statement "You have dealt with it this long deal with it". No one deserves this and I will write a review about this statement every chance I get. I was very hurt and embarrassed by this statement. I will do the Physical Therapy but I will not go back to see him for the way I was treated was very rude and uncalled for…