Sarcastic non caring person show details Sarcastic non caring person
Sep 21st, 2016

My opinion of this doctor is he likes his money more than his patients. Nuro simulators are what he likes to sell to all his patients. Instead of fighting to get surgery, he wants to put a simulator in your body, which by the way costs $85,000. I finally found a doctor to help me, when he went in they found that my previous surgery's were not done well. Also was taken off Butrans abruptly and suffered the withdrawals in my life. I could have died, but he didn't care. He is not the doctor he claims to be. Please take my advice, don't. Don't put your life in his hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 0 Stars

CAPT, USN (RET.) show details CAPT, USN (RET.)
by CORNELIUS COLLINS on Apr 30th, 2016

I HAVE BEEN EXTREMELY SATISFIED WITH DR. HELLER'S PAIN MANAGEMENT SERVICES. HE COMBINES A WARM BEDSIDE MANNER WITH THE SKILLS OF A VERY KNOWLEGABLE MED ICAL PROFESSIONAL. OUTSTANDING IN EVERY WAY.

by Diana Cooke on Nov 11th, 2015

Great and caring doctor and nurse Millie is wonderful I call dr Heller McDreamy!

I liked him! show details I liked him!
by K on Sep 25th, 2014

Great doctor, seems to care and listen. He explores alternative therapy and not just narcotics. Staff was friendly and helpful, his nurse was bright and happy.

2 Appointments, Both Awful show details 2 Appointments, Both Awful
by Leo C. on Jul 22nd, 2014

Dr. Heller does seem annoyed that he has to see patients, but I've seen fine doctors that I wouldn't necessarily want to be stuck in an elevator with, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I had recently moved into the area, and had primarily been on medication management since suffering a series of work-related injuries 8 years ago. I wanted to try something new in addition to my current therapy, especially since I was told I was not a candidate for surgery. I was asked a series of questions, one of which asked if I had been sexually abused as a child. Although I wasn't sure what that had to do with my injuries nearly 40 years later, I answered honestly. Apparently a mistake--I was told on my second visit that I was at "high risk" for abusing my meds because I had been abused! He spent the remainder of the appointment pushing for me to get a neurostimulator ("like a Trans Am" were his words) and when I told him that previous "stimulation" therapies had done nothing for me, he told me that he would give me a referral for Suboxone. What a guy! Well, I know men aren't supposed to cry, but I was nearly in tears when I left. I felt even worse thinking about how his female patients who had the misfortune to be abused must feel...

Doctor's Response

My first and only priority is in caring for patients, and to ensure they receive the best care possible. If I came across as rude, or uncaring, I apologize. I try to follow the most effective medical protocols possible to help the patient achieve the best outcome.

Jun 2nd, 2014

In response to Simmons's mom. I strongly disagree with your comment, Dr Heller deeply cares about his patients. He spend time with a patient, is a very good listener and has excellent bedside manners. I would recommend this doctor to anyone.

Mrs show details Mrs
Feb 10th, 2014

Great doctor. Listens very well.

Aug 8th, 2012

Fantastic!!!

Jul 30th, 2012

Great doctor.

Jun 7th, 2012

If you are in pain, Dr. Heller can help.

Aug 19th, 2011

Professional yet very caring. Great physician.

Helpful and caring show details Helpful and caring
May 17th, 2011

Took time explaining diagnosis and found helpful treatment, very satisfied

Really helpful show details Really helpful
Apr 1st, 2011

recommend

Jan 7th, 2011

He was great in answering all of my questions. highly recommend. doctors in this field are usually so critical of the patients motives, but Dr. Heller seemed to understand where i was coming from.

great doc show details great doc
Jan 7th, 2011

great experience. Helped me with my back pain quite a bit.

Dec 31st, 2010

Great doc

Highly Recommended show details Highly Recommended
by Satisfied Patient on Nov 26th, 2010

He was very kind, took his time with me (45 min. !), courteous, helpful, and patient.Highly recommend.

Overall Attitude show details Overall Attitude
Sep 30th, 2010

My experience with Dr. Heller was not pleasant. He is arrogant, sarcastic, and unfriendly. I left my last appointment in tears. I realize that the government is hard on pain management doctors so the doctors have to be very diligent in their review of patients. However, the is no reason they have to make you feel like a drug addict. Dr. Heller did his best to make me feel uncomfortable, stupid, and regretting that I need to see a pain management doctor.

Great Doctor, really listens show details Great Doctor, really listens
Sep 21st, 2010

I saw many doctors before Dr. Heller finally was able to explain to me what was really wrong. Great Doctor, really listens.

Apr 28th, 2010

I have to disagree with the below comment that was made. Dr Heller is a very straight forward and very educated doctor and always seems to find the best treatment for each individual.

Hate him show details Hate him
Mar 24th, 2010

he was very cold and not caring

Doctor's Response

If I came across as cold or uncaring, I apologize. I try to focus on what is causing the patient pain, and to resolve to find the most appropriate treatment possible.