General Practitioner, Internists
SAMG/Woodside
3775 N Mulford Rd
Rockford, IL 61114
815-636-6400
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  Hope you like spending money on name-brand drugs  |  show details
by Chris H on Feb 5th, 2013

During the times I have seen him during appointments, I've been surprised by his lack of listening skills. On my first visit, I gave him a rundown of the various issues I've had (all of which are under control and don't greatly affect my daily life) When I told him that I was an athlete and had completed a half ironman and full marathon races, he told me that he basically wasn't worried about my health and that I was "fine".During a recent visit I told him I needed a prescription for acid reflux meds that would help save money vs. over-the-counter meds, he quickly prescribed Nexium, for which there is NO generic, and costs $230 for a month's supply. So essentially it would multiply my monthly cost by 10. The guy simply doesn't listen, and clearly has the best interests of drug companies in mind. Last year he also prescribed a topical gel for warts, which cost $300 for a tiny tube. I questioned the lack of generics several times with his staff, but was offered no options. I later found a topical solution for $20- too late. I'm just blown away by his inability to hear what I'm telling him. His exam room manner should have been a red flag, I don't get the sense he's really listening to what I'm saying, instead just plugging me into some predetermined hole that sounds right for my symptoms. And CLEARLY he is interested in getting me to spend my money on name-brand, outrageously-priced drugs when there are cheaper options available. If you're looking for a doctor to connect with who will work WITH you and not against you, look elsewhere. I am, starting NOW.

|  Taking care of me even when I am out of state  |  show details
by John Michael DeRosa on Nov 5th, 2009

Dr. Herdeman: Even though I am out of state you have taken great care of me. It's not everyday practice for a doctor to take good care of a person who he hardly knows and who he has only seen once, but as I said before I will travel to you every six months so I do not lose you as my doctor. I will be seeing you soon.