Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Judith on Mar 20th, 2015

Long wait time. It takes over 1 hour to be seen. He has student doctors.

Don't waste your time! show details Don't waste your time!
Feb 20th, 2015

The office staff is ridiculous. They lied about getting an appointment. They have no heart. Was told to go to emergency room and they would see me for a follow up appointment. Went to ER and was told to make a follow up with Dr. Fields in 5 days. Called office and they gave me a "follow up" for June 5th! It's February 20th. I will be dead by then!!! Thanks for nothing! It's funny how this office says they are accepting new patients! Idiots!

He's very unprofessional. show details He's very unprofessional.
Feb 12th, 2015

My boyfriend just started going to Dr. Fields at the end of last year (2014) and he only had one appointment with him, he adjusted my boyfriend's seizure medication, never made another appointment with him. Then when my boyfriend had a seizure in January and was taken to the hospital and had another one there, (2 seizures all day, after not having them for a year) we called Dr. Fields and he never returned our call. Then in February when my boyfriend had another seizure and again was taken to the hospital and had a second seizure in the ER, we again called Dr. Fields with no response. He hasn't bothered to return our calls or set up an appointment to check on his medication levels, or how he's doing after adjusting his medication. As well as he sent in a denial letter for my boyfriend's disability, with only meeting him once, and never looking at any of his medical history or caring to know about my boyfriend's current issues, aside from his epilepsy. He shouldn't be practicing, and he shouldn't be allowed to treat his patients like gum on the bottom of his shoe.

Jan 21st, 2015

Inappropiate discussions of non-medical nature. Does not believe in vitamins or natural healing in conjuction with western medicine. Claimed to be expert in all fields of medicine.

Best doctor in the area show details Best doctor in the area
by J Ribeiro on Jan 5th, 2015

Dan is my husband's primary physician. My husband is chronically ill with Chron's Disease and has had two Brain Tumors removed. Dan is blunt, straightforward with a big caring heart and sense of humor. I don't know what we would do without him! He's the best!

patient show details patient
by garrett morrison on Apr 18th, 2014

Dr. FIelds was my primary care physician for about 25 years and then he moved up to the foothills to practice. He is knowledgeable about all medicine and illnesses. he is most competent at his business of medicine. He has a wry sense of humor. I wish he did not leave the area. I wish him the best.

Tells it like it is! Makes feel comfortable though. show details Tells it like it is! Makes feel comfortable though.
Feb 20th, 2012

Funny as all-get-out; brutally honest and straightforward, but very caring also. Does make you feel comfortable (if you don't in the beginning, like me, as typically represented thru my bp!). Can't leave there without laughing. Love him, and has been our fam. dr. for years, as well as mother-in-law's.

Had to laugh at the "inappropriate comments" show details Had to laugh at the "inappropriate comments"
Feb 2nd, 2010

My family and I have gone to Dr. Dan for years. Long ago, when we were all younger, he was a bit short on bedside manner, but he was (and is) excellent at diagnosing the problem. Today, he is one of the most caring and relaxed doctors I've ever known. I enjoy his wit and wisdom, and an excellent doctor. I would recommend him to anyone!

Everything You Could Want show details Everything You Could Want
by Dan's First, and still, patient on Oct 22nd, 2009

Dan has been my personal physician while he was still in his residency. He is caring, thoughtful, accurate, wry, colorful, open to suggestion and alternatives, very personable, professional, able to laugh at himself, has a picture of his tractor on his desk, and is a friend to his patients. What more could you want in a doctor?

May 4th, 2009

Dr. Fields listens! He spends time listening to his patients and offers ideas for sell improvement as well as prescriptions and tests, wonderful!

inappropriate remarks show details inappropriate remarks
Mar 18th, 2008

this MD has a history of saying inappropriate things to patients.