inactive

• Good
  • Bad

October 6th, 2015
Dr. Murphy Review
I met with this doctor a while ago and I had a very pleasant experience. Didn't know this site existed until now, that is why I am just posting this review.

June 26th, 2015
Extortion at you general practice....health at risk
What a waste of my health. After 10 years as a patient I was abandoned at a time of need and extorted for treatment. It's not just dr. Daniel Murphy either the office manager Tracy is also in on it. Steer clear if you a accurate diagnoses and respect this is NOT the place. Seek life elsewhere....you have been warned.

March 28th, 2015
Excellent Doctor.....Very knowledgeable and listens to his patients.

February 23rd, 2015
Good doctor. Terrible & rude front office staff and Shawnee Mission Hospital affiliation mandates.
I was with Dr. Murphy for about 15 years and Shawnee Mission about 40 years. I finally got fed up with Shawnee Mission Hospital's regulations on their doctors and their disregard for patients. It's all about the money, rules, and making profits to cover all the expansions they are doing. The staff grew more rude as time went on with the mandates from SMMC. I can go on and on about what they did, however it will sound like rotten grapes. Any person in any kind of business (which this is) should understand and treat their customers (which patients are) well otherwise they will go elsewhere (like I am). I am leaving because I have a found a doctor and staff who truly put patients first. I am totally done with anything to do with Shawnee Mission Hospital. Please know that you have choices and don't have to put up with big business. There are many other good, quality hospitals and doctors offices besides this one.

January 20th, 2015
Caring Physican
I've been with Dr. Murphy for 15 years. He really cares and makes me patients feel comfortable. He's accuracte and thorough.

March 21st, 2014
Dr Murphy has been my doctor for about 15 years. I am a fairly healthy person but he always takes time to listen to any little thing I may be concerned with.

February 11th, 2014
Truly one of the best!
Dr. Murphy has been our family physician since we moved to the area 12 years ago. He takes the time to listen and observe his patients before making a diagnosis, and he always follows up. He solved a complicated "medical mystery" for one family member that had stumped several specialists! - He is everything one would hope for in a doctor!

May 15th, 2012
refund my copay
No problem getting an appointment, I waited over 48mins in the waiting room. I waited 38mins in the actual room. He came in and sat and stared at the computer the entire time. He did this weird movement with his mouth my entire visit, he changed all my meds to brand name, and that was expensive, I'm on a budget with most of the world.I was very unstatisfied with him, I will once again look for another dr.

April 25th, 2012
Worth any wait. Best doctor around
I've been with this practice for 12 years and have seen every doctor there. Dr. Murphy is not only the best at this practice, but the best I've ever had in 40+ years of seeing physicians in several states. He takes the time to listen, to get to know his patients, and he truly cares about each of us. I highly recommend him!

April 1st, 2010
DR MURPHY KNOWS HOW TO PUSH OPIATES TO HIGH
Thanks to dr murphy he had many patients on excesive amount of opiate pain meds then leaves you to hang. Gives you referals to pain clinics and wonder why you are on excessive pain meds and then the clinics have top ween you down and get major withdraws. If you have pain he dosent examine you instead he would write more pain meds. Then abruptly lets you know he quit writing them you have to find a new dr. To be clear there was no documented patient abuse. He is very moody. Do not go to dr murphy on mondays he is very rude. Dr Murphy cant get along with his own staff he goes through nurses on a regular basis

March 22nd, 2010
He's been our family Dr. for years
The kids love him.

March 3rd, 2009
Very Caring Doctor
Dr. Murphy takes the time to know the patient and is the most caring physician I have ever met. When he refers me to a specialist, he follows up and is always totally informed about me.