Internist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Rude unapologitic  |  show details
by Chuck S on Dec 15th, 2014

I set up an initial consult, just recently moved to Temple from Houston, Establishing new physicians/Healthcare providers within the S&W Health care system. I had a 10:40 Am apt with Daniel Smith, But! he was running way behind on his sched that morning. I wasn't called back into the examining area until 11:30. Which I am very easy to get along with and know that schedules get delayed, But! that wasn't what had me seeing RED. I am a very patient individual But! when the nurse finally came out to the waiting area and called my name, she proceeded to take me to the vitals station (BP/Heart rate, temps). She was very polite and respectful. But! not one word of an apology for having to wait for an hr past my schedule apt time. I didn't say anything I was polite and chatted with her, She then showed me into the examining room. Pulled up my chart and went over the information medications supplements, etc.. To make sure all was current and correct. She then excused herself and told me the Doctor will be in a few minutes. Well 5 mins later a knock on the door and then swung open in pranced Dr. Smith. Had a bit of a cold/arrogant persona. Which didn't set well with me (after all I was kept waiting now over an hr, and had another apt at 11:30 with Physical therapist, which I ended up having to reschedule). Again not what had my temperature on the rise. I just simply pull out my cell phone and called her and rescheduled for another day. What upset me about Dr Daniel Smith ,was 1.) He didn't even apologize for the long wait. Just asked why I was there, as if I was wasting his time and he was in a hurry!!!!!, OK hence the hr wait time!!.. 2.) Why I wasn't working!!! (even though on Perm Disability due to 2 medical conditions. (even though I had worked 37 yrs starting at the age of 10 (paper route- flipping burgers, retail part-time through college, then in the IT/banking services for 30 year up till 2009 Again non of his business! .. It was how he came across in his inquiry. (The fact I was kind of staring/glaring at him waiting for one simple phrase / sentence that APOLOGY for the long wait.) Again would have calm the water, with me at least. 3.) Spent all of 15 minutes if that and ordered a test, which I went down to the lab and had on my way out. To log into my patient portal and see what he charged for this short visit and hr long wait, is what set this powder keg off!. He billed Ins/Medicare/UHC just over 300.00. I have seen specialist from Pulmonary to neurologist t S & W and they all spent 45- 1 hrs and even longer with me and went over my whole medical history and actually they read my file from beginning to the most current, prior to my appt. They were prepared! And they billed Medicare for just under 200.00 for their consult. (which is norm for most case as for as specialist. Normal Primary or PCP only bill for 100 - 150 depending on the time 15-45 min consults. Not this Doc, (Bill Ins 282.35, of course they didn't pay that amount. But the fact the charge was this high. ludicrous!,, I was told by many Dr Daniel Smith is a really good PCP. I always give the docs a 1 get out of Jail free pass. So! perhaps he was having one of those days. After all he is human and we all have those not so good days. So! for now I'll keep him as my PCP, and hopefully my next visit will be a more pleasant experience, as it has been for all the other care providers I have seen at S & W.

|  show details