Dr. Daniel Jorgensen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Daniel Jorgensen?

Skin Cancer

Skin Cancer

Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.

Have you seen Dr. Daniel Jorgensen?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

December 3rd, 2015

Predatory Billing Practices

Referred to doctor for tonsillectomy, a non-essential surgery. Very easy to get appointment, and the doctor was quick to suggest extra services. Surgery performed within a week. Insurance left about $75 balance. Excessively rude billing clerk. Several nasty rude angry phone calls to me and I was not the patient but a reference number on the patients info sheet. I made a payment on the account and 2 months later they turned the $50 balance to collections which turned it into $1000 fee. In a situation like this I think there might be a collateral arrangement with the collections agency because they were so quick to go to collections, and the cost to the patient is punitive. Which means punishing. The doctor probably received over $3,000 for these surgeries and it is difficult to comprehend why he should sue for an extra $50 after only a few months. Maybe the biller gets a cut from the collections agency for creating accounts for them to collect. If so it's a disreputable way to do business. There was another patient review which also complained about Doctors billing practices and follow up. I am telling my friends with school aged children to look elsewhere for their tonsillectomies or any ENT needs. This has turned into a real problem for the patient, who has limited income, and who went in proactively for a non-essential surgery. If you must deal with this doctor make absolutely sure that everything is on paper, question all extra suggested proceedures, and that you fully understand the costs you may incur and the character of the people you are making a financial contract with.

February 5th, 2011

Selling Snake Oil

Have a persisting problem with my ear.(had problem for years, talked into going) Went to this specialist for a diagnostic.Had and audio gram which was fine, showed hearing loss, no surprise there.Then had to wait forever for actual Dr. to see me. He spent 3-5 minuets, did a vary brief exam of my "throat" gave me this handy brochure on acid reflux from a pile of brochures in the exam room.Wrote out a scrip for omeprazole (which gave me stomach cramps and diarrhea).When I asked him about checking my ear he "laughed" and left the room.After taking the drug for a few days andbecoming sick (missed a day of work) I went back and complained about the meds.The staff was rude and only stuck up forthe Dr. I then canceled my "follow up" appointment and told them I would go to my family physician and start somethingwith him to find out what is going on with my ear. The really got rude then.So now I have a $250 bill. (half of which was the hearing test) but $140 wasfor the exam, in which my ear was NEVERchecked, and was given meds for a condition i did not have.So... I would NOT recommend Dr. Jorgensen, Daniel Lee or his officeNorthwest Iowa Ear, Nose,and Throat clinic to anyone.In my opinion he and his staff are a sideshow joke selling snake oil and their main focus is money, or "making the sale".For $140 = 3 minuet exam a quick look in the moutha "too" handy brochure on a condition I didnt haveA scrip that came with 5 refills that only made me sick. ??And I never did get an opinion on my ear.

January 27th, 2016