Dr. Daniel Friedman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 29th, 2016
Only doctor who was able to diagnose my disease
After many visits to different doctors, no one was able to diagnose my disease. Dr. Friedman is a kind, gentle person. He explained everything to me and my family. He is an amazing doctor.

February 21st, 2013
Love Dr. Friedman!
He is a really nice guy, and makes you feel comfortable (even though you might be getting some not-so-great news.) And although you can't tell from his photo on this website, but he looks just like Frank Zappa! :)

December 6th, 2011
Saved My Life
When I finally got to Dr Friedman, I had been down an almost 20 year struggle with my disease, including actually getting an "official" diagnosis and any treatment. When I finally (about 18-19 years in my struggle) had an oral surgeon (not my first in all those years of trying to get help) tell me what I had, although only an MD can give the "official" diagnosis and treat, I then had to jump through hoops to find a neurologist to even see me, I even tried the brain institute at St. Vincents, they said it was too rare and they couldn't help me. So, when I finally met with Dr Friedman and he heard my tail of woe and all the tests and trials I had been through, he instantly agreed with the oral surgeons diagnosis and immediately started me on medication. Later on he did have me do an MRI to confirm, but said there was absolutely no reason for me to continue suffering until then. The meds worked, it took awhile to find the right dose, and Dr Friedman stayed involved in checking to make sure we got it right and I was comfortable. Being very low income and no insurance, he worked with me to choose the lowest cost route for meds, and then got me into a low income medical program to cover my visits and medications and it also covered my MRI in full (they cost almost $3000.00). Dr Friedman, has been so compassionate, he cared not only about me getting medical help, but that I wouldn't have to worry about skipping appointments or dropping off my meds because I couldn't afford it. After all Neurologists are EXPENSIVE, very worth it especially if you are suffering like I was, but if you have no money you feel so helpless to get treated, Dr Friedman understood this and did everything he could to make it better for me and my condition. That is what I call an EXCELLENT DOCTOR, one who truely cares about his patients. My disease is nicknamed "the suicide disease", and I believe it, so with his excellent care and compassion and treatment I fully believe Dr Friedman saved my life. Plus he is so casual and laid back in appointments you feel like you can really talk to him, not like some doctors where you feel like you are facing an inquisition, or they are just going down a checklist to get you out of there. Although he is very professional, he always kind of takes things lightly in a way so you walk out of his office feeling hopefull, like there will be a better tomorrow. I have been seeing Dr Friedman for a few years now, and although now that my meds are balanced it is only a couple times a year I have to go in, he is still that same caring person as always. And if I am having any issues, he wants me to call in immediately, and on the few occasions I have had to, he (or a nurse for him) always returns my calls within 24 hours, usually with a why don't you come on in so we can see what is going on, along with a med change right then over the phone if they don't have an appt right away.

February 25th, 2011
If you late for 3 min - you out of office
Office staff didn't coordinate wery well with clients and doctor. I have been late for 3 min and doctor can't see me. After i spend 2 hours in traffic to getting there. But when doctor cancel my appointment 2 times 3-4 hours before appointment - and this is okay ???? What kind of service is that ???

July 8th, 2010
Straight forward..helpful... Answered all questions matter of factly. Let us know what we could expect in the future. Left with a feeling of assurance we could call any time we had concerns or questions. Very easy to talk with. Two separate appointments were very satisfactory.