Dr. Daniel Short MD Patient Reviews

3.3
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

February 24th, 2017
No compassion. No follow through.
I am deeply disappointed in this physician's lack of insight, empathy, and compassion. I had a rapidly growing thyroid which was causing compression to my esophagus and trachea. I reported a feeling of choking and pressure, relaying my inability to lay supine or on my left side. He stated that it was most likely due to smoking, I completed a swallow study which definitively showed that my swallow was deviated from an outside mass at the level of my thyroid, thereby showing and proving that the sensations I was experiencing were legitimate claims. He never did address the swallow study. I didn't hear anything from him about it. In the meantime, I had 2 thyroid nodule biopsies in three months which were benign. This was good news, but the compressing sensations continued to worsen. I had another ultrasound at 6 months, which showed that two of the three nodules had doubled in size. He had his nurse call me to get me in for ANOTHER biopsy because he was "concerned with the rapid growth." I refused another biopsy and requested an appointment to seek treatment interventions. The nurse set up the appointment for THREE MONTHS later, stating, "Well, he's not THAT concerned." So he thought it warranted a biopsy, which meant he was worried it may have turned cancerous, but he didn't consider my case important enough to talk with me within a reasonable amount of time. No thank you. I have since gotten a second opinion and am already scheduled to have my thyroid removed because the nodule is growing sub-sternally. I am horrified at the lack of approach, knowledge, and ethics this physician exhibited.