Dr. Daniel Katselnik MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

November 10th, 2015
Don't see Dr. K - not worth your time
Don't go here. The staff is extremely rude and condescending. They are horrible. This is sad because I had been a patient of Dr. K for over 5 years and will now have to find a new doctor. The staff and nurses do not know how to speak or deal with the public.

February 13th, 2015
I do not recommend at all. Dr. Katselnik's bedside manner was absolutely deplorable.

February 1st, 2015
Dr. Daniel Katselnik is a perfect physician match for me. He is so very personable and caring. He is understanding and " in sync" with the medical issues I have, and insures that the treatment modality is the most effective. I feel comfortable asking questions, which he encourages, and definitely trust his opinions regarding my health and treatment. Being an individual who is very particular in choosing a medical specialist who meets my stringent requirements to provide my medical care, I recommend Dr. Daniel Katselnik.

December 12th, 2013
patient
This Dr took the time to explain things to me that I was not aware of with my thyroid medicine. I have only recently started taking the medicine perscribed by another Dr. and I have been taking it wrong. Asked if there were any questions...Only problem was the front office staff.

June 24th, 2013
Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!!!
Lied to my relative, his patient, by stating that he was no longer going to practice in this field, therefore he would not continue treating my relative for diabetes. Surprised to see recent reviews, indicating the good doc is in fact, still practicing in this field. Now, I question whether his treatment did my relative more harm than good, if he has to lie about changing fields, what else did he lie about? Very unprofessional!!!!!!

April 15th, 2013
Very positive experience
I was referred to this doctor because my HA1C was elevated. Dr. K listened to me and answered all my questions . He ordered some lab works and I went back a week later for the results. He was very nice to me, made me feel comfortable and explained clearly what was going on with me. He set up a treatment that perfectly matches my needs (diet, more exercise and medication). I am very pleased with this doctor, his manners, his kindness and I really feel like a real person! I have recommended him to my neighbor and she likes him a lot too.

March 22nd, 2013
Inexperienced
Drags out lab testing, then you have to wait 3 weeks before you get your next appointment to go over results. Expects you to take off work, and pay an office visit each time for results -- even when they are normal. I have gone through 3 rounds of blood work (not counting the round I had with my regular doctor that referred me), had an MRI and he still can't tell me what the problem is. He wants me to try a medication even with his uncertainty. I'm not going back. Going to someone else with more experience, who is able to give me a real diagnosis. At this point, if he is still unsure, he should be professional enough to refer me to someone more qualified instead of putting me through never-ending lab testing and experimenting with medications.

February 8th, 2013
terrible bedside manner
office wait time is long. I overheard a number of patients complaining who had been waiting up to an hour. the desk staff isn't overtly friendly, but the nurses are great. doctor is arrogant, like to hear himself talk; I felt as though I was being lectured. he asks questions, but then quickly cuts you off so you cannot finish your thought or question. it's very frustrating. I have a history of anemia and I was shocked to learn he didn't order a CBC and white cell count when testing my thyroid. he insisted I didn't know what I was talking about regarding my anemia history, which was due to having cancer 15 years ago (I'm a PA and oncology is my specialty; I know what I'm talking about). even though my lab results showed I was being overstimulated, he kept me on my same dose. he didn't have time to listen about how terrible I was feeling. thankfully, I found someone else who properly tested my thyroid (checked free T3 and T4 and antithyroid antibodies) and now I know it is autoimmune. my new doctor is much more interested in treated me as a whole person (physical fatigue, emotional stress, gastrointestinal issues) and suggesting alternative therapies (whole foods, gluten and soy-free, etc.) in addition to a prescription. I would not recommend this physician to anyone needing an endocrinologist for a thyroid issue. perhaps he's better at treating diabetes.

November 28th, 2012
Very disappointed
I was referred d/t unexplained weight gain and hormone imbalance issues. I have been hypothyroid for years. On meds but, in the last few years, symptomatic. Insisted I go through all lab work again even though the labs I had were only a few weeks old. Had to wait weeks to follow up on the lab results, adjust med, do labs again, wait... I am a nurse, I understand the feedback system of TSH. However, I have hyperlipidemia, depression, no energy, hair falling out..all symp of hypothyroid. Yet, this Dr. wanted to leave my med dosage the same because I was within the norm lab result. I was rushed with every appt., information was incorrect in the computer...that was a recurring problem. Anyone can treat according to labs...where are the docs that treat according to the PATIENT?? I have been battling this for 2 years now. I exercise, I eat a low carb diet but I have Hashimoto's Disease. Apparently treatment is the same as hypothyroid. This doctor did NOTHING for me. A complete and total waste of time and energy. VERY UPSET AND FRUSTRATED!!! I would NEVER recommend him. The overweight office staff had half eaten cookies at their desks as they worked. This is a Diabetes Clinic?? Very unprofessional. One staff member didn't show up for my "Metabolism" test appointment. I waited an hour. Finally another RN set me up. Go figure - result "VERY SLOW"!! Really? $120, please...No, I'm done... Don't waste your time with this quack...

October 10th, 2012
Horrible experience
I went to Dr. Katselnik after being referred to his group by my gynecologist. He was arrogant and rude. After asking me questions, he would not even wait for my answers. He would talk over me and did not listen to anything I had to say. His nurse spent more time taking my history than he spent with me in the whole appointment ( which lasted approx. 15 min.)I do not plan on going back and would not recommend him.

December 22nd, 2011
Nice And Helpful
Very nice, took time and listened, offered options on what we could do and helped a lot. Has helped my diabetes more than any other doctor

July 12th, 2011
Linda Hagelgans
Dr. Katselnik and his staff are so polite and friendly. Dr. Katselnik knows his stuff. Diabetes America is the place to go if you have or suspect yo ...