Dr. Daniel Keefe MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

June 23rd, 2016
Dr Keefe repaired my right shoulder a couple years ago and just last week he repaired

February 16th, 2016
Not recommened
I had 12 surgeries post accident. Daniel Keefe was the worst He had the worst bedside manner, the worst surgical tech, he was suppose to preform the 2 of 3 step surgery, he didn't do it wrong he just did the wrong steps. The specialist was called in 8 months later to fix Keefes work. Set my recovery back 20 months. Keefe doesn't seem to be a team player nor listened to what his job was. He also preformed a few things he was not suppose to touch. Post surgery he wrote in the procedure as if I signed for it? Not cool.

November 9th, 2015
Didn't do the surgery I went in for instead did 4 elective procedures
Not what I expected and really sorry I ever met him He went way out of his way to lie to me. The way I understand it post messing up my shoulder. Fall ...

October 17th, 2015
It hurts :(no
Out of my 19 orthopedic and medical procedures Keefe has the most heavy clumsy tech I've ever endured. He seemed so far above my concern as if he new better than how I was feeling. He said sorry then shook his head condisendingly. I could be projecting after reading a few reviews I'm

October 5th, 2015
It's 3am 9 months post op I'm awake and in pain
It took 3 1/2 months to get my surgical / medical records and then only pair of them. Keefr ignored our preoperative plan and without medical justificstion, preformed a number if elective procedures, per the insurance company pays more The worse parts 1) I said no to the elective procedures. Why cut into and alter healthy myscles.and tendons. Keefe doesn't seem to think this is an issue. 2) he preformed the elective procedures u did not want wrong. 3 ) fallowing me report the Scripps about him performing surgical procedures outside his scope, scripps then added the procedures to his bio. 4) I still need to get the surgery I went in for done and know have to correct keefe errors he made to health muscles and tendons. Scripps has proven equally unethucal by not releasing the records or the complete surgical and office videos. Know I'm looking for an attorney and if course a complaint to the medical board.

September 13th, 2015
preformed elective procedures not what I needed
He chose to disregard the surgical plan and do several elective procedures against my wishes. I asked if it was an issue to do procedures that were well documented to work. He said no. Before surgery whe surgical plan. We agreed on a surgery fallowing 5 months of assessments and tests. Keefe ignored our agreement and preformed 4 of the elective procedures I was clear I did not want. These procedures were explained as just in case they could be a problem in the future. "No means no". End result he made hard core erros not a little sorry for the huge screw up. He later said to his supervisor," she seemed like she wanted it". Really I wanted it. Sounds like a man who just committed ra_e Go to sharp.or UCSD. Why post op I talked to 7 post op patients We all had the same surgery. All different injuries all received the same surgery

August 28th, 2015
He's didn't do the surgery I paid for and he messed me up
Instead of doing what we agreed needed to be done fallowing extensive testing, PT, MRI's CT's xray's Ultra Sounds, Steroid tests, if he could bill for it we preformed. YET, he completely disregarded the pre-op plan and went rogue. So rogue he screwed me up really bad took no credit and no responsibility for preforming the wrong surgery. It took me 4 ½ months to get my surgical records and not one of Keefe medical notes was the same. He elaborated in some sections that I was open to the experiment? I'm I met with him post op to hear, “thank god your using it, I did a lot of work” “it will take a year or so to recover from” “ make sure you only take to me about it, others wont understand what or why I did this'? I don't understand it ether. When I asked. “what was wrong with the original plan the plan you agreed you would preform “ , Why did you do 5 additional procedures that were considered elective I said no to”! Keefe laughed and say “ well, you know have an unstable shoulder should consider a new one”! I swear. If you have surgery with him plan on at least a year recovery. Post op I've learning he does pretty much the same surgery on everyone. Guts your shoulder and tells you some line after the fact. He and his colleges are pushing to be published on a, gut the patient style of surgery. It doesn't matter what your issue is your getting the one size fits all surgery. It possible it works for most patient but means you will under go up to 7 extra procedures you don't need.

February 9th, 2015
Insightful diagnosis and conservative treatment
Did great job with minor MCL & rotator cuff tears (cortisone shot & physical therapy).

February 27th, 2014
Most Excellent!
I was referred to Dr. Keefe from another Scripps Doctor (Podiatrist) and I couldn't be happier. From the day I went for xrays, arranging my surgery date, dealing with insurance to surgery itself....It was all extremely smooth and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. I received a call from Dr. Keefe the afternoon of my surgery to check on me to see how I was feeling. I also received another call the following day from one of his nurses just to make sure I was doing okay and to see if I had any questions. I would say that this is the most professionally run practice that made me feel very comfortable and knew I was in good hands. His bedside manner was excellent and I can also say that for his nurses. I don't care to injure myself again, but if I do, I know exactly where I'll be heading to be taken care of. Job well done!