Dr. Daniel Kelly MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Santa Monica, CA

March 13th, 2015
One of the best in the world

July 20th, 2014
Rare brain cyst on brain stem
I am so lucky to have had Dr. Kelly as my brain surgeon. I have recovered from a potentially dangerous situation with absolutely no damage, and an amazingly quick and easy recovery. Needing a brainsurgery is a scary, risky, unnerving situation. It gives me great confidence to know that my brain is in his competent hands.

March 26th, 2014
Great Doctor
Dr. kelly was recommended to me by another doctor. He was calm and confident of the diagnosis and treatment plan. The surgical team of doctors operated on me to remove a pituitary tumor. My recovery time was shorter than I anticipated and I am happy with the outcome.

September 30th, 2013
Amazed
Dr. Kelly has been a God-send. He is world-class in knowledge and techniques for treating pituitary disorders and I am so thankful for his care. His office staff worked relentlessly to get insurance authorization, which was such a blessing. Dr. Kelly has such kind bedside demeanor and without a doubt treated me as if I were a family member. I never once doubted that I receiving the absolute best care from him and his team.

July 21st, 2013
Trusted and Caring Doctor!
Dr, Kelly was my doctor when I was first diagnosed with a pituitary tumor in 2002. My tumor had reoccured for the second time this year and he was the one I wanted to take care of it. I don't live in the area, so when I flew down to see him at his old hospital, it was unfortunate I had to see a another person. I did not feel comfortable. After my experience, I had to track Dr. Kelly down because he was the one I trusted and felt most comfortable with my pituitary tumor. He is truly a nice guy who truly cares for his patients and their well being! It was not just me who felt that way but everyone who took care of me before and after my operation at the hospital!

June 18th, 2013
Words can't describe
Dr. Kelly and his entire team treated me like the most important patient in the world. I had spent a month trying to be seen (not treated just seen) by neurosurgeons for a month before I found Dr. Kelly. Immediately, his team completely took control of my condition and care. I can't imagine a more capable surgeon, team or facility than what I experienced at the Brain Tumor Center of St. John's in Santa Monica.

September 10th, 2012
If you don't have the right insurance and the office says they will make arrangements with your insurance company, I can tell you you will receive bills from Dr.'s associated with Dr. Kelly that you don't even know that are in the operating room, who DONT work with your insurance company. We were surprised and disappointed. The surgery was very successful but we don't have the money to pay out of pocket. We had to make the decision on who would cover us and their promise was not honored!

July 26th, 2012
Finally a caring doctor...
I struggled with Cushing's disease for FOUR whole years and didn't know it...Doctors continued to discount me from every direction and I began to think to myself that I really was making my symptoms up. Fortunately, since I'm only 17, my mom fought for me and never gave up. She was trying to convince doctors that I had Cushing's, but they wouldn't even test me because it is "too rare". My mom and I think it isn't very rare, it just goes undiagnosed more often than not. Anyways, she found a doctor to test me and proved that I had Cushing's. Immediately we went to Doctor Kelly upon hearing that he was one of the top pituitary surgeons in the world. And guess what!!! HE WAS! Not only was his entire staff wonderful, but I wanted him to be my endocrinologist because he was so kind!!! Usually, I don't like doctors because they are "kind" rather I go for intelligence. But this guy was both!! Not only was he very experienced and knowlegeable about everything, but his bedside manner was incredible. I owe my life to him. Thank you Doctor Kelly.

June 1st, 2012
Dr. Kelly is a brilliant surgeon and a really nice guy. He is very assessable and spends whatever time with you that you need.

May 16th, 2012
Dr. Kelly and his medical staffs were excellent but after care hospital nurses and their staffs were terrible. I hope Dr. Kelly's reputation doesn't get damaged due to incompentency of the nursing staffs

August 3rd, 2011
Dr. Kelly / Craniopharyngioma
Our son had a craniopharyngioma that was growing slowly but had started pressing on the optic chiasm. We searched for a surgeon with a great amount of experience as another surgeon in Denver had attempted to remove the craniopharyngioma and had been unsuccessful in the past. Dr. Kelly and his staff were easy to contact and were able to coordinate a surgery quickly. As we don't live in CA we had to send copies of MRI's and Dr. Kelly reviewed them and called us at home (from his home) to speak to us regarding our son's tumor. Dr. Kelly effectively removed as much of the craniopharyngioma as possible. We have a high degree of confidence in Dr. Kelly and appreciate his compassion and expertise. He will continue to follow our son's MRI's and we feel grateful to have found Dr. Kelly.

July 19th, 2011
We are very thankful for the excellent surgical results, the great care by everyone in his office and at St Johns! We couldn't be happier.