Dr. Daniel Kirgan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 18th, 2015
dr. kirgan is great he saved my life

April 23rd, 2015
Poor mannerism

December 10th, 2013
Mrs
Dr. Kirgan operated on me for breastcancer, he was wonderfull. Have been cancer free for 12 years, but was just diagnosed on the other breast with cancer.. Can only hope that my surgent is as good as Dr Kirgen. The thing I most remember is apoligising for taking a little longer with a patient ahead of me , who had just gotten the bad news, I think this shows real caring.

February 22nd, 2013
Melanoma Patient - Disabled for Life
When I first met Dr. Kirgan it was during the most traumatic moment of my life. The nurse had called on the phone to tell me I had Stage 4 Melanoma and that I need to get to Dr. Kirgan's office immediately. In the beginning he was heartfelt, compassionate and very informative - at least that is what I thought. Having no information about the disease, I thought surgery was the ONLY option and he didn't tell me there were other options. Didn't refer to me an oncologist before the surgery to help my make an informed decision and since he was so kind and wonderful, I didn't even think twice about letting him operate. I never, ever would have let him had I known that operating wouldn't cure the melanoma as there is no cure. More importantly, the first surgery went well, but I went home without any antibiotics, which I was later told is a doctors optional choice, but given UMC's history I would have thought he would have opted to give them, not withhold them. Needless to say three days later, I was back with a massive infection requiring an additional surgery. Immediately upon waking I knew something was wrong. I was in HORRIBLE pain but he refused to acknowledge I could possibly be in that much pain. Not his patients, Oh NO, not the incredible Dr. Kirgan. His patients are never in that much pain because he is an incredible surgeon and he knows what he is doing. I must be one of those patients seeking pain killers. Yes, I a almost 50+ grandmother with no history of drug abuse EVER suddenly has developed a pain pill addiction. My sister yelled at the nurses to provide me pain relief which they finally did but of course upon leaving the hospital the medication he prescribed was a joke because once again "I couldn't possibly be in that much pain". I tried calling the office for days and his nurse kept denying me an appointment to see him saying it was normal to feel that pain. I finally gave up, went to see my own primary care doctor who took one look at me and knew I was in horrific pain and prescribed something stronger. It took two years and many doctors to realize that during the surgery there had been damage to the nerves caused - which can happen when you are taking out lymph-nodes. It happens, it's unfortunate. The pain will be with me for the rest of my life. Could he have avoided it? I don't know, maybe, maybe not. It's just something that happens to cancer patients during lymph node removal surgery. Not all patients but enough that they say it is a potential risk. But they way he treated me, the fact that he denied me any relief from the pain. The fact that he treated me as if I was some strung out pain pill addict is unforgivable. Honestly he should have given me antibiotics and the second surgery would have never been needed in the first place. Shame on him!!!!!

February 14th, 2013
CMSgt, USAF ret
Dr. Kirgan saved my life and gave me a future with my family. His staff was very courteous and helpful during a very stressful period of my life.

January 28th, 2012
A professional doctor
I really like Dr. Kirgan's bedside manner. He did surgery on my mom and did a good job. Now she is cancer free.

May 4th, 2010
Dr. Kirgan is wonderful!!!! he always cares about you, how you are doing. He always takes the time to answer any questions that you have. I have to say, some of the staff arent so helpful, or polite when you call. When you try to make an appoitnemt to see him, they transfer you to some one else, who doesnt answer the phone!!!

September 2nd, 2009
Best MD I've ever had
My experience with Dr. Kirgan is more than the best that I could have expected. He explained everything thououghly and went out of his way to provide my care. He is open minded and was willing to discuss anything regarding my care. I highly recommend Dr. Kirgan when the need arises.

May 15th, 2009
Dr. Kirgan has been very good from the very start when he taught me all about skin cancer and melonoma cancer. This made my treatment much easier and understand what he was going to do.My thanks to him for extending my life.Colleen Hubbs

August 21st, 2008
Nicest Doctor to have to be a patient of.....
Dr. Kirgan is just wonderful. It is so nice to have a doctor that not only cares and explains things to you so that you understand....he also has a great bedside manner. If you need expertise...he is the one you want to see.