2.0

Should have read these reviews prior to surgery show details Should have read these reviews prior to surgery
by Bob on Feb 17th, 2016

I should have read the reviews here before letting this guy touch me. What was most memorable is the lack of manners, information and caring from the doctor himself. The staff was wonderful but I recall him in the back of the office and me at the front, he was screaming the "F" word in his loud conversation due to not receiving some type of insurance payment in his account. He asked me if I ever saw a urologist before and I said "yes", to which he replied like an arrogant SOB "well why didn't you go to him". I should have left right then. Also I asked how long before I would be able to return to work. I was told 1 day after my procedure. I came out of the hospital with a 30 mm balloon in my bladder, a catheter coming out of my man part and a urine collection bag which I had to wear for a week. I had to make arrangements for my life on the fly and in this condition because even though I asked questions, I got useless answers. There was no way to prepare for coming home. I went to have a problem corrected but after surgery I was told I was going to have to catheterize myself 3-4 times a day. Furthermore I was then sent for an ultrasound and again I asked the questions and never got answers so I was totally unprepared for the ultrasound appointment. When I went for the reading of the ultrasound the doctor was a no show and I was not going to wait so I could be treated by like I don't matter. That was when I decided I was done with him and went to see another Doctor. I was told by the staff they would call by the end of the day with my results. I have been waiting now for over 2 months for that call. Now that I have changed doctors, I'm going back for surgery again 4 months later to have this done the right way and the modern way. I should have read the reviews here before letting this guy touch me. After 15 minutes with my new doctor I know everything. My wife said "do you hear yourself"? 3 months with Dr. Son had me so confused and I still don't understand what he did for me.

Feb 4th, 2016

This doctor is an arrogant person. He thinks he is better than the patient. He "does not treat medicare" patients. And if you have a stone don't waste your time seeing him for it is his philosphy that a 7 or below anyone can pass....Tretment by him at LVH @ hazleton resulted in me filing complaintes with both the hospital and the PA Medical Board. He ? my being admitted, he ? why they kept me after he first saw me and he said I had no infection even though I had a high fever broke only by antibiotics. So the lab techs in the ER were wrong, etc... I would not refer a person's dog to the this guy.

Very uncaring show details Very uncaring
Aug 27th, 2015

He had a horrible personality. He did not smile once and was just overall rude.

Poor bedside manner show details Poor bedside manner
Nov 23rd, 2014

Very abrupt and uncaring. After procedures is nowhere to be found. Does not care at all if patient is in pain. Office staff is absolutely terrible and ignorant. Good luck to you if you visit his office with a kidney stone, they have no compassion, nor does he.

by Ted Dombroski on Jan 18th, 2010

My mother was a patient of Dr. Son's. She has been fighting cancer for over a year. He visited her in the hospital the day after she had a procedure done, and was told the cancer had spread, and nothing more could be done. He was upset that some other doctor had done the procedure. He berated, and verbally abused her. She tried to explain that when told by her primary doctor that another doctor was doing the procedure, she and her family assumed that Dr. Son was not available. He was still upset, and slammed his files down on the hospital food table, which knocked a piece of cake that she had on it to the floor. He stood by and watched as an 80 year old woman, weak and frail, got off her sick bed to clean up the mess he caused, and he did nothing. He upset the patient, and her family. If he had cause for complaint, he should have discussed this with the other doctors involved, the hospital, the nurses, not take his anger out on his patient. I called his office to speak with him, but could not. I explained as is written above, and was told I would receive a call back. I have yet to hear anything. We are all very displeased with this entire situation. My mother is no longer a patient of his.

> > > > Patient Reviews