Dr. Daniel Lai MD Patient Reviews

• Otolaryngology Olean, NY

3.8

February 8th, 2017
Do not consider this doctor!!!!!
This doctor is a ego maniac. Very rude, impatient and really loves to brag how smart he is. In my opinion dont tell me how smart you are or you went to Duke and Baylor, show me in your performance. Horrible bed side manner. Will not answer questions, will have his nurse answer them. If you are doing surgery on me or my family, I expect you to answer my questions and concern, you are the one doing surgery. Office manager looks like she is coming in off the corner. I have seen her twice now and she dresses very unprofessional. Very high heels, mini mini skirts ( almost could see butt cheeks one time) and likes to how off her cleavage. She is too old to dress like a twenty year old.Maybe that's how he attracts patients.very disgusted with whole practice. Many other doctors in area, research them before you make an appointment here.

February 15th, 2016
ear tubes in 7 month old
Dr. Lai's PA saw us in the Olean office and surgery was scheduled for my 7 month old son a week later. We were very nervous about our 7 month old being put under anesthesia and voiced these concerns to the woman in Olean that scheduled our sons surgery. She did very little to put our mind at ease. Her response was "if you are worried about it just don't have it done". We tried to get an appointment with a pediatric ENT in Buffalo but the wait was going to be about 3 weeks and my son was getting ear infection after ear infection, antibiotics were a hit or miss clearing them up and everyone was losing sleep so....reluctantly we contacted Dr. Lai's office again and surgery was scheduled for 5 days later at the Pine Grove surgical center in Russell PA. Oh my goodness! What a difference from the office staff in Olean! Everyone at the Pine Grove facility was very kind, took lots of time to answer questions and were very understanding of our apprehension. My son is 7 months old and 22lbs. From the time they took him in for Surgery till they came to take us to the recovery rom with him was literally 15 minutes! He cried for about an hour from coming out of the Anesthesia but now 5 days later he is like a different baby. He is so happy now and is advancing by leaps and bounds. It took him a couple of days of adjusting to being able to hear better. We could not be happier with our decision to go with Dr.Lai and the office in Pine Grove. They were absolutely amazing! We still have not met Dr.Lai but we have a follow up appt in three weeks with him. We were in a pinch and Dr. Lai got us in a lot more quickly than we could have gotten in anywhere in Buffalo and surgery was scheduled quickly. Very, very satisfied momma to a much happier baby! Thank you Dr.Lai and everone at Pine Grove!

June 19th, 2014
Very good Dr -Very nice staff
Would definitely recommend this Dr!!!!!!!

May 2nd, 2014
A Good Choice
Great doctor. Great staff.

March 26th, 2014
Great Physician
This experience was a really great one for me. Dr.Lai was really funny and very kind. His staff was terrific as well. I called for my appointment and was given one for only two days later!!! I was really surprised! They do allergy shots there as well and their hours are alot more flexible than the allergist I am currently seeing. I am transfering my records to Dr.Lai now. I will recommend this office to everyone.

February 10th, 2014
I took my son here. Very nice Dr. and staff. Wait time was only about 15 minutes!

October 19th, 2013
GREAT OFFICE!!!
I went to Dr.Lai after years of misdiagnosis by several other ENT Dr.'s. He more than likely saved my life as he discovered several tumors in my throat.He was very attentive and took alot of time reviewing my medical history. He is a very brilliant man. His office staff was amazing as well. He didn't take my insurance but his office manager was very kind and understanding and worked out payments with me. His nurse also took alot of time explaining things to me after I saw the Dr. This is really wonderful Dr. with an equally wonderful staff. I highly recommend him!

September 20th, 2013
The first couple times I saw Dr. Lai, I really liked him. He discovered hearing loss that two or three other doctors/professionals did not detect. He diagnosed me with Otosclerosis and replaced my inner earbone. While he did tell me it wasn't completely guarenteed that the surgery would work, he seemed confident that it would. seven years after the surgery, my hearing is no better than before, and if anyting it may even be worse. I don't fault him for not improving my hearing but he's tested my hearing several times since then and keeps insisting that my hearing is significantly better when I know darn well that its not. I know what I can hear and what I cannot hear, and I am certain there is no improvement in my hearing at all. I'd rather he told me that the surgery did not work as well as he hoped but there's nothing more he can do, than to keep telling me that my hearing is good when I know for a fact that its not.

June 3rd, 2013
Don't recommend this Dr.
Prior to my operation, Dr. Lai's Office Manager (Melissa) couldn't (and wouldn't) provide a general estimate of what I should typically expect my procedure to cost (Alarms should of been ringing). She was unknowlegable, defensive and provided generally poor customer service. No follow-up care was received from Dr. Lai, I was attended to by his PA (Wendy O'Malley) who contradicted her comments several times during visits. Take my word for it, go somewhere else........

October 31st, 2012
Great guy
I really enjoyed speaking to Dr. Lai, he is fun and brilliant. Helped me greatly with my sleep apnea. When I had a followup with the nurse I waited for 45 minutes.

June 10th, 2012
Think twice with this doctor
Each appointment that I had with Dr. Lai, He was arrogant and short with us. He spends like 4 minutes an appointment and does nothing except prescribe nasal spray for everyone. I could do that. His appointments are $250 each for a 4 minute appointment. The secretary made an insurance error that cost me a fortune also, and then she was sarcastic about it. Not to mention waiting 2 months for an appointment. There are plenty of these doctor's on Milestrip road near Buffalo, and we are going to drive the extra hour to get there, rather than have nightmare service.

March 6th, 2012
Very Pleased
This guy really cares about his patients. He dif surgery on me and I was very happy with his skill, bedside manor, and follow up care!