Surgical Specialist, Neurological Surgeon
Video profile

by Karen wellman on Aug 4th, 2016

Excellent surgeon wouldn't want any other operating on my spine. Best of the best

Not Helpful - Should Avoid show details Not Helpful - Should Avoid
Jul 4th, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Laich from another doctor out of state. After having a non-invasive procedure for an unusual and difficult disc herniation. I received several months of relief from that procedure with the referring doctor. After the pain began to come back several months later he recommended Dr. Laich to me for an different but possibly more effective procedure. The issue with Dr. Laich and his practice is he doesn't listen to his patients. During my first visit I game him and his assistant my complete medical background including all the procedures and tests I had done in the past several years. I have literally had every type of injection (facet joint, epidurals, nerve root blocks, etc.). I also explained I tried various non-invasive treatments like massage, cranial syncro therapy, acupuncture, cupping, and numerous others. During my first visit Dr. Laich wanted to refer me to another doctor first for a "special" (his words not mine) kind of treatment. I asked him what that treatment was and he refused to me stating "I can't tell you what she does you just have to see if she can help you". Needless to say his extremely cryptic statement did little in helping me understand why I should spend time trying to see this doctor since he wouldn't tell me what she did. Upon looking this person up after my initial appointment with Dr. Laich I found out that doctor specialized in treatment I already tried with two other doctors. It was not helpful and he knew that. On top of that he told me that doctor was usually booked pretty far out and someone from his office would call them to try getting me in sooner. That never happened and when I asked Dr. Laich's office about it they had no idea what I was talking about. My first appointment ended with him requesting that I have a more recent MRI done. Which I did but ultimately he just kept giving me the run around despite that MRI showing a clear herniation and having previous doctors send him my records from the previous procedure I had. Dr. Laich is the worst of specialist doctors. He would have patients think their pain is mostly if not all in their heads. He seemed to suggest that despite years of documented chronic back pain that I could will it away just by thinking about it. In addition he's perfectly happy with making appointments with you only to have to wait at least an hour past your appointment time to see him for 10 minutes or less. I believe he does this so that he can continue to make money off the insurance of patients while doing very little to actually help them. I saw Dr. Laich four times over the past few months and I'm no closer to any solution to my pain. I was referred to him in part to learn about a specific procedure and the information I learned about that didn't actually come from Dr. Laich. I had pry that info from his assistant over the phone which came in the form a web address. Not information related to my specific issue. The final straw for me came when he wanted me to have a myleogram. He recommended I have it done at the hospital he's affiliated with. I dislike having tests like that done at hospitals because they can never tell you want it will cost the patient who has insurance. His hospital was no different. But they're happy to bill you for several hundred dollars afterwards. I found a facility that does that procedure and they were able to tell me what it would cost me out of pocket after my insurance. They attempted this procedure on me twice but they were not able to complete it. I explained this to Dr. Laich. His reply at my more recent appointment was "well maybe they don't do them that much there". The 8 minute visit I had with him ended with one of his assistants giving me a piece of paper with the names of other doctors. One of which he wanted me to see so he could learn his assessment of my issue. I made clear to him that I didn't appreciate having to wait six weeks and 90 minutes past my appointment time to be handed a piece of paper. They could have given me that info over the phone. Based on all of this I would avoid wasting your time seeing him. He strung me along for months and did nothing to help me.

Mar 3rd, 2016

The most incredible bedside manner I have ever seen in a Doctor. He's incredibly sympathetic, patient, and honest.

Jul 28th, 2013

Disappointed after finding him to be dishonest.

Back pain show details Back pain
by Sharon Konopasek on Mar 21st, 2013

Dr. Daniel Laich took a considerate amount of time reviewing my test results and helped me come up with the plan I needed to be pain free. Thanks to Dr. Laich, after 5 months of minimal activity, I am on my way to a positive recovery, and I am so thankful to him! He is professional, compassionate, talented, and empathetic.

not a very professional Doctor show details not a very professional Doctor
Nov 5th, 2012

I will keep this short...he is not a real doctor, he is a DO, which shows in his knowledge and professionalism. He was very rude, and dishonest. Do not go see Dr. Laich

The best! show details The best!
by Wil on Jan 26th, 2009

Dr. Laich is a wonderful human being. He really cares about his patients. I'm a much happier person now than before surgery, and his guidance to take care of myself has been just what I needed. I recommend him 100%.

Amazing surgeon! show details Amazing surgeon!
by Nicole M. on Jan 7th, 2009

Dr. Laich is an amazing surgeon who gave me my life back. Working in PT for many years, I was incredibly grateful that he could replace the discs in my neck (an incredibly new procedure) rather than fuse me as is the common treatment for ruptured discs. I will refer my friends to him in the future!