Dr. Daniel Litten Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Daniel Litten?

September 2nd, 2016

extremely knowledgeable

He is a highly skilled doctor only working in the hospital who is caring and coordinates care well.

March 26th, 2013

Great Doctor (right diagnosis; needed more detail b/c the insurance company just rejected it)

Dr. Litten was extremely courteous however he called in a pulmonary specialist after he had narrowed it down to a lung issue. The pulmonary specialist, Dr. Belkin gave a diagnosis of pneumonia. However, I received notice from my health insurance that Cottage Hospital, Santa Barbara where I saw them both had put down chest pain as the reason for my stay. The insurance company rejected my ER visit even though I passed out at my school's urgent care facility and was in excruciating pain while they performed tests. I have broken ribs, torn my achilles and broken my foot but this was another level of pain. The ACTUAL reason for my stay was unbearable pain and the inability to breathe, cough or laugh without sharp stabbing pains and the inability to walk without becoming short of breath.

February 15th, 2013

Judgemental if you are a smoker!

I met Dr.Litten at Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital while I was in the ER having extreme difficulty breathing. Before they admitted me he asked me if I was a smoker and I said yes(social) and he basically gave me a lecture, and that was that. I was in the hospital only one time and that was for the birth of my son twenty years ago. The next day I was moved to ICU could not walk, talk, swallow because I could NOT BREATHE. It was scared and thought I was going to die at one point. All I was hearing is something about Asthma severe, however I never had Asthma. After chest x-rays, cat scan, SEVERAL blood drawls still no answers or DX. I left ICU after five days with no DX. I have been out of the hospital for five days and have not heard a peep from Dr. Litten. Waiting for some blood results guess I will have to call him! I honestly feel if I said I had never smoked I would have gotten the treatment, care, compassion, and DX I deserve! Bedside manner would be zero stars if I could.

June 9th, 2012

Excellent

Came in after hours to see me in the hospital; personally wheeled me to another area of the hospital to get additional treatment that I desperately needed.

July 4th, 2016