Dr. Daniel Herron MD Patient Reviews

• Bariatric Medicine New York, NY

• Good
  • Bad

July 2nd, 2014
I came to Dr. Herron with a complicated problem after seeing many other surgeons. I've had a few surgeries before, and he is the most caring and attentive surgeon I've met. On my initial visit, he went over my medical records and the proposed surgical treatment in great detail. I was very confident getting my operation done with Dr. Herron. I had more questions after my visit, and he replied very quickly over email. He went every step of the way to spare me all possible complications and inconveniences given my history. After surgery, he greeted me with a big smile and a pat on the shoulder in the recovery room. I highly recommend Dr. Herron and would reach out to him if I need surgery again. I was impressed by his positive, happy-go-lucky attitude - he really wants you to do well and is never abrupt or dismissive. Medical staff at the hospital also spoke very highly of him. His assistant Nadia is courteous and prompt with paperwork and scheduling. Unfortunately, there is always about an hour wait to see him, so bring a book or a smartphone. He only sees patients on Monday and his appointments are scheduled every 15 or 30 minutes. However, he will not rush you just because he has more patients. He spent about an hour with me when he first saw me.

November 1st, 2013
bypass patient
Dr. Herron is terrific surgeon(had my surgery 6 years ago ),see him every year for a checkup. He is not only a caring,sensitive doctor but surely one of the best I have ever dealt with. He took every precaution with my surgery ,which was complicated by a past lap band surgery. He explained EVERYTHING,to both me and my husband. I can not recommend him highly enough.

January 17th, 2013
Take it from me...find someone else. This dr doesn't listen when you are trying to explain what's going on and because of his inability to correctly diagnose a complication from surgery I nearly died. Please seek other opinions before having surgery with this dr.

January 17th, 2010
saw him many times,nice guy, staff nice but, but,but missed important things and i now have many more problems that could of,should have, been addressed at original time of surgery.be persistant and careful-as with all doctors!!

April 10th, 2008
Maybe it's me....
Maybe it's me, I've heard good things about Dr. Herron, but I wasn't impressed. No matter when your appointment is be prepared to wait a good hour. Most of the staff are very nice. The physician assistant came across as kind of dopey though but she's relatively new. There are a million doctors in Manhattan, I'd try somebody else. Good luck.

June 26th, 2017